2020 headliners

jj200

19 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Isn't this "The S*n usually has good info" a load of bollocks? Yes they got The Who and maybe Kylie (which I think was already being touted elsewhere) but I'm pretty sure they get a lot of Glastonbury info wrong.

Obviously they get most things in life wrong, but you know what I'm getting at.

I think they tend to get Music stuff accurate because there’s not really any chance of being sued for it. They could say...

”a source has said that this act may be playing” when they know an act is doing it and it won’t violate any laws. It’s the easiest way to leak something. 

14 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

does 2 headliners from BST not seem a bit weird to anyone else? Im shitting bricks now in case it isn’t him, too good to be true!

If you they dont pay them that much or what they are used to because im sure it is still alot of money! they will play elsewhere for the big bucks, we have Paul Mcartney as kind of festival exclusive as he wont be at any uk fests i dont think.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hopefully this speeds up the Glastonbury announcement then. Taylor was announced what, about 2 weeks after the BST news? Hopefully this follows suit and we get a Kenny announcement in Feb.

Will it sell as well immediately? I know Swift has a lot of hardcore fans, will it be the same for Kendrick?

49 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Isn't this "The S*n usually has good info" a load of bollocks? Yes they got The Who and maybe Kylie (which I think was already being touted elsewhere) but I'm pretty sure they get a lot of Glastonbury info wrong.

Obviously they get most things in life wrong, but you know what I'm getting at.

They are c**ts but off the top of my head they got Ed Sheeran before anyone else?

Just now, dotdash79 said:

I mean if a monkey throws enough darts it’s bound to hit the bullseye once in a while. 

I repeat, they are c**ts but what you're saying doesn't stick. They're not NME or Somerset Live. They don't put out copious amounts of rumours each year in the hope that one is right. 

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I repeat, they are c**ts but what you're saying doesn't stick. They're not NME or Somerset Live. They don't put out copious amounts of rumours each year in the hope that one is right. 

But they do get things wrong, often, and state rumours or guesses as fact.

Such as when they announced Madonna was headlining the 2019 festival. Or when they announced the Foo Fighters were headlining the 2016 festival, and then for months after treated it as confirmed news.

15 minutes ago, incident said:

But they do get things wrong, often, and state rumours or guesses as fact.

Such as when they announced Madonna was headlining the 2019 festival. Or when they announced the Foo Fighters were headlining the 2016 festival, and then for months after treated it as confirmed news.

Being devils advocate but there was solid info that Foos were lined up for 2016 but deferred to 2017 and Muse replaced them. I believe even Neil heard something like that at one point.

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Being devils advocate but there was solid info that Foos were lined up for 2016 but deferred to 2017 and Muse replaced them. I believe even Neil heard something like that at one point.

That's not what they said, though.

They announced that the headliners were Muse, Coldplay, and Foo Fighters.

13 minutes ago, Damon said:

What makes everyone so sure it’s Kendrick? 

could Frank Ocean not be going after the two most prestigious fests?

Just a thought, or not big enough for the UK market?

Nope, this isnt the u.s where. the audience for Coachella actually has a choice to go to the festival because he is there. Everyone that has a Glasto ticket isnt in that position. Has Frank Ocean shown he could be a draw in the UK? last time I check he has not done anything to make the Eavis’ think he is worth it to book. Does he get constant radio airplay at all? Barely made an impression on the charts. Can you ask some random person in London who Frank Ocean is or to name a song and get a correct answer? Primavera doesnt even have him on their line up this year, that should say a lot.

Edited by Suprefan

1 minute ago, Suprefan said:

Nope, this isnt the u.s where. the audience for Coachella actually has a choice to go to the festival because he is there. Everyone that has a Glasto ticket isnt in that position. Has Frank Ocean shown he could be a draw in the UK? last time I check he has not done anything to make the Eavis’ think he is worth it to book. Does he get constant radio airplay at all? Barely made an impression on the charts. Can you ask some random person in London who Frank Ocean is or to name a song and get a correct answer?

Yeah I thought as much, Glastonbury at its roots is a celebration of all types of music, but pop does tend to take front and centre!

2 hours ago, Damon said:

Yeah I thought as much, Glastonbury at its roots is a celebration of all types of music, but pop does tend to take front and centre!

Kendrick has had more albums and more radio play than Frank over here would go down a lot better i would have thought.

Nothing wrong with a bit of pop if its the Beatles, Taylor Swift and Diana Ross, be lots more to come to suit everyone i am sure.

2 hours ago, Damon said:

But if you look at what theyve booked in Regards  to Jay Z, Beyonce and Kanye, they booked artists that balanced the line of commercial and critical acclaim. Those 3 transcend their  respective genres on top of that. Frank Ocean does not transcend anything at this moment. And why would you book somebody that could just cancel on you last minute? Coachella has a back up plan if Frank Ocean decides to not show up, Glasto  isnt going to go to those lengths if they dont have to.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

But if you look at what theyve booked in Regards  to Jay Z, Beyonce and Kanye, they booked artists that balanced the line of commercial and critical acclaim. Those 3 transcend their  respective genres on top of that. Frank Ocean does not transcend anything at this moment. And why would you book somebody that could just cancel on you last minute? Coachella has a back up plan if Frank Ocean decides to not show up, Glasto  isnt going to go to those lengths if they dont have to.

Frank Ocean is probably another album of similar quality and a hit on the radio away from headliner material. Everything he’s done has been brilliant and acclaimed by just about everyone. He just isn’t quite popular enough. Yet. 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head, he’s a hugely risky booking going off his previous history, probably not worth the hassle as well as not being commercially popular in the UK!