2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

Could there be an outside shot that Eminem is more willing to take the pay cut for the sake of ticking off a major UK festival he hasn't played at before now he is nearing the swansong of his career.

Listen to new song “Stepdad”. Not so much swansong, more the final twitching of the corpse.

19 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Not after this: 6D0D185D-56DB-4046-8739-1888CFBE0022.jpeg.bf9703d5543923a78270d9692ff9803a.jpeg

Aside from the tired "poor taste lyrics to stir up controversy and get headlines" that he trots out, this just looks like a shit line. Like it's half-rhyme at best. I'm not advocating it, but surely there's a better way to force a terrorist attack reference if he really wanted one so badly

wow, I can't believe Eminem would say something like that. I expected better of the guy whose lyrics refer to everything from raping and killing his wife, to beastiality, to homophobic slurs.

*tuts*

to be serious though, the people crying about that lyric need to get a fucking grip.

Edited by ghostdancer1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

to be serious though, the people crying about that lyric need to get a fucking grip.

Nah, the people defending it do. We all get that anyone is able to rap anything. Fine. I think more people are offended that a rapper with the experience of Eminem would need to stoop to the other end of his career in order to try and generate attention. It's cheap, lazy and way beneath him.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Nah, the people defending it do. We all get that anyone is able to rap anything. Fine. I think more people are offended that a rapper with the experience of Eminem would need to stoop to the other end of his career in order to try and generate attention. It's cheap, lazy and way beneath him.

i don't think so. People seem to be getting hysterical because he made fun/light of a tragedy. Probably the same "sport are troops", "RIP little angel Alfie" facebook morons.

I don't think anyone is offended by eminem coming out with a lazy, half-arsed lyric, he's been doing that for 15 yerars with no-one really giving a fuck before this morning.

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i don't think so. People seem to be getting hysterical because he made fun/light of a tragedy. Probably the same "sport are troops", "RIP little angel Alfie" facebook morons.

I don't think anyone is offended by eminem coming out with a lazy, half-arsed lyric, he's been doing that for 15 yerars with no-one really giving a fuck before this morning.

DwRA9TrWoAErW1l.jpg:large

I find it pretty offensive and I find the generalisations you've made quite bizarre...

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I grew up watching Roy Chubby Brown. Nothing offends me now. 

I feel like I grew up with Eminem and he will always kinda get a pass from me. His stick is bringing to attention the worst of society and rapping as a character. Unfortunately this is nuance lost on a lot.

I know he’s not good live so I don’t really have a desire to see him, however, his old stuff is still great stuff. 

I can see why people don’t like him but I think there’s more to it than black and white shocking lyrics. 

1 hour ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Eminem would be a devastating let down 

I do kind of wonder if we're not all being a bit complacent (maybe that's not quite the right word...?) in the cast-iron assumption that's it's definitely Kendrick. I mean, I totally think it will be him too, but I have a couple of friends in particular who are already planning their weekend around his performance. The collective freak out when his name isn't on the lineup poster could equate to efests biggest meltdown. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I do kind of wonder if we're not all being a bit complacent (maybe that's not quite the right word...?) in the cast-iron assumption that's it's definitely Kendrick. I mean, I totally think it will be him too, but I have a couple of friends in particular who are already planning their weekend around his performance. The collective freak out when his name isn't on the lineup poster could equate to efests biggest meltdown. 

For Kenny, Paul, Taylor to be mooted as a trio and bookies favourite months ago and Kendrick having a glasto shaped hole in his tour. I’d be shocked if it isn’t him.

Also there is a lot of external info, daily mail articles, tabloids etc, saying he is doing it.

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've been trying not to get too ahead of myself, but I think with his new album announced, dates with a nice gap on the Friday and someone claiming info that he's playing, it's too much to not get excited about! 

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

For Kenny, Paul, Taylor to be mooted as a trio and bookies favourite months ago and Kendrick having a glasto shaped hole in his tour. I’d be shocked if it isn’t him.

Also there is a lot of external info, daily mail articles, tabloids etc, saying he is doing it.

Tbf I think they're all saying he's doing it because we're saying he's doing it 😝

Hey fellow Glastoers.

First time posting on this forum as it's quite intimindating the amount of different threads going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would someone who has been ever present in this chat confirm whether they have at any point (recently) seen a comprehensive list of acts anticipated/very likely and also ruled out.

Please don't suggest i visit the website as i find that the people in forums are usually 90% correct in predicting lineups in these situations and there's always the hardcore veteran who knows a little more than others due to XP.

If you were kind enough to link it to me that would be cool but i am obviously not adversed to searching a thread or date range and i know how annoying it is when someone turns up 629+ pages in and asks the same question that 300+ people have asked so apologies if this is the case here.

Gracias Amigos

2 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

Hey fellow Glastoers.

First time posting on this forum as it's quite intimindating the amount of different threads going!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would someone who has been ever present in this chat confirm whether they have at any point (recently) seen a comprehensive list of acts anticipated/very likely and also ruled out.

Please don't suggest i visit the website as i find that the people in forums are usually 90% correct in predicting lineups in these situations and there's always the hardcore veteran who knows a little more than others due to XP.

If you were kind enough to link it to me that would be cool but i am obviously not adversed to searching a thread or date range and i know how annoying it is when someone turns up 629+ pages in and asks the same question that 300+ people have asked so apologies if this is the case here.

Gracias Amigos

Sounds like you've just volunteered 😘