2020 headliners

jj200

22 hours ago, StevieGed said:

Apologies if already discussed and nullified elsewhere since the Coachella line up dropped, but is there an outside possibility Frank Ocean could fit the bill with solo artist who’s never played before? Headlining Coachella and would fall into the category of not much talk about him headlining. I’m with the majority in that it seems Kendrick is pretty much nailed on btw.

How would everyone feel if Frank got announced? 2 latest singles haven’t done anything for me personally, and reading people’s reviews of his other UK shows on here is a bit off-putting, but I’d definitely pop along if he was the Friday headliner as the 3 albums he does I’m very much a fan of. 

I mean it's possible, but up against the fact that Kendrick is playing all over Europe with a Glastonbury Friday shaped hole in his calendar, Frank never plays anywhere, he'd demand a massive fee, Kendrick has been rumoured by people who predicted Taylor, I'd say there's effectively no chance.

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Anyone else kinda gutted he headliners are sewn up? I can't help but feel that my January usually really benefits from coming on here and seeing all the wild speculation. This hasn't been a "hot topic" for weeks!

I agree, it's quite a chunk of the anticipation and build-up that we can't now indulge in for this year

But if it's true that the Other stage (or indeed, other other stages) will be hosting 'Pyramid-headliner-sized' acts this year, then there's a whole next level of very significant bands / acts to speculate about... the only problem is, what do we call the thread for that frenzy?

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Anyone else kinda gutted he headliners are sewn up? I can't help but feel that my January usually really benefits from coming on here and seeing all the wild speculation. This hasn't been a "hot topic" for weeks!

I would be if Kendrick wasn't one of them, absolutely buzzing to see him kill the Pyramid 

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I agree!  I only joined in October and loved all the endless speculation and debate - its now gone very quiet.  I can imagine it has been more fun in previous years.

They should just get on with it and have Bieber announced

Edited by circus92

23 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Very true ,but  attention  now moved to the other stage(s).  The beauty of Glastonbury! There’s always something to discuss, a bit of controversy and divide opinions. Love it ! 

4 hours ago, circus92 said:

I agree!  I only joined in October and loved all the endless speculation and debate - its now gone very quiet.  I can imagine it has been more fun in previous years.

They should just get on with it and have Bieber announced

Still to look forward to:

• Self confirmations ramping up

• Predicting the next announcement 

• 1st poster day

• Who's playing which stage and when

• Who hasn't made the 1st poster 

• I've paid my balance thread 

• Resale joy and despair 

• Individual area announcements 

• New map thread

• Full lineup 

• Clashfinder 

• Clash joy and despair

• The Weather Thread joy and despair 

• Glastocam thread

• State of the ground thread

• Tickets arrived thread

• Someone losing their ticket thread

• eFests meet thread

• Setting off thread

• Post festival joy and despair threads

• Ticket day

And repeat.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 17

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

• 1st poster day

• Resale joy and despair 

• Full lineup 

• Clashfinder 

• Clash joy and despair

• Tickets arrived thread

• Someone losing their ticket

• eFests meet thread

• Setting off thread

• Post festival joy and despair

• Ticket day

And repeat.

Wow - reading that list of threads has just made me realise what a ride this is going to be - can't wait for it!  You have just turned my excitement meter up to 10!

Sorry - out of upvotes today 😀

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

• 1st poster day

• Resale joy and despair 

• Full lineup 

• Clashfinder 

• Clash joy and despair

• Tickets arrived thread

• eFests meet thread

• Setting off thread

• Ticket day

And repeat.

I positively dislike 3, potentially 4 of that list.

Clashes - Because they're almost inevitable every year
Weather Thread - Depending on how it's looking this can be a great high or a worrying low
Post Festival - Them Glastonbury blues are not to be messed with
Ticket day - Does anyone really enjoy ticket day? Horrible

39 minutes ago, circus92 said:

I'm intrigued - what happened then?  (I'm spending enough time on here without going into the 2015 thread lol)

We knew Foos 18th Feb and Kanye 16th March. We didn't find out the Sunday headliner was The Who until 6th May. They'd been written off as a possibility by everyone because they had a gig in Paris on the Sunday night. I think Neil had been given the info but dismissed it for the same reason.

It was only the night before the announcement that some bloke from The S*n tweeted it was The Who, even then everyone dismissed it due to the prior booking.

The next day they were announced and cancelled the Paris gig. The massive Tories.

Screenshot_20200113-141439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fd168a4d1c2b57e6fda2c84511b37a4b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If the headliners are all sorted early then it indicates that they're all first choices and they havent had to work their way down a list that eventually ends in Roger Daltrey's phone number.

But think of the japes we'd have in this thread if everything had gone to pot. Yes Kasabian, FOALS and Mumford would have ended up headlining but we'd reach over 3000 pages. So what's more important jams in the field or posts in the thread?

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

• 1st poster day

• Resale joy and despair 

• Full lineup 

• Clashfinder 

• Clash joy and despair

• Tickets arrived thread

• eFests meet thread

• Setting off thread

• Ticket day

And repeat.

Don't forget Brit Awards night in that thread. It's always a laugh. 

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

But think of the japes we'd have in this thread if everything had gone to pot. Yes Kasabian, FOALS and Mumford would have ended up headlining but we'd reach over 3000 pages. So what's more important jams in the field or posts in the thread?

Glastonbury headliners only occupy 3 nights a year, whereas the thread sustains life for the other 362.  Ergo the thread takes priority.

6 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Don't forget Brit Awards night in that thread. It's always a laugh. 

I tried doing the BRIT night with Mrs Q on the sofa watching it with me last year.  Will go back to watching it solo this year, just felt a bit odd talking more to people online than my wife sat next to me :lol: