2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, jparx said:

To be fair, Kenny and Taylor would have been totally out of the blue if we hadn't figured it out. It's hardly like we've got Muse and Coldplay and had it sussed for months. They're headliners that we always dismissed for various reasons. They're still left field headliners by the typical Glastonbury standards.

I dunno, I think they'd have been right in the frame anyway just because of their tour dates. We probably only have them nailed on now cos of Emily's comments regards them being male and female solo artists and never having played the festival before.

Apologies if already discussed and nullified elsewhere since the Coachella line up dropped, but is there an outside possibility Frank Ocean could fit the bill with solo artist who’s never played before? Headlining Coachella and would fall into the category of not much talk about him headlining. I’m with the majority in that it seems Kendrick is pretty much nailed on btw.

How would everyone feel if Frank got announced? 2 latest singles haven’t done anything for me personally, and reading people’s reviews of his other UK shows on here is a bit off-putting, but I’d definitely pop along if he was the Friday headliner as the 3 albums he does I’m very much a fan of. 

9 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Apologies if already discussed and nullified elsewhere since the Coachella line up dropped, but is there an outside possibility Frank Ocean could fit the bill with solo artist who’s never played before? Headlining Coachella and would fall into the category of not much talk about him headlining. I’m with the majority in that it seems Kendrick is pretty much nailed on btw.

How would everyone feel if Frank got announced? 2 latest singles haven’t done anything for me personally, and reading people’s reviews of his other UK shows on here is a bit off-putting, but I’d definitely pop along if he was the Friday headliner as the 3 albums he does I’m very much a fan of. 

Some people here are of the opinion that Kendrick is the third headliner and there's no longer any point discussing other options.

I'd prefer Frank.

22 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Couldn't see them booking Frank as a pyramid headliner personally, feel like he's less established over here in terms of mainstream appeal, does he get much radio play? 

Would love to see him although agree his live rep isn't great, big fan of DHL and slightly lukewarm on the other single

20 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

If the masses aren't happy with Kendrick, they'd definitely be upset with Frank Ocean.

I reckon Coachella are taking a huge gamble here - they've basically booked someone who has a habit of cancelling festival shows and even when he does turn up gets at best mixed reviews. Can't imagine that at this point Glastonbury would put him in even a major slot, let alone outright headlining.

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

I'd actually welcome it being Frank as I wouldn't be as interested in seeing him as I would Kendrick. From the sounds of it, the whole line-up is going to be stacked with excellent headliners all over the place, so I'd appreciate being elsewhere than the Pyramid for Friday night.

All that said though, pretty sure it is Kendrick and I will be there for at least a portion - if not all - of his set, depending on who else is on that night.

Frank Ocean is a weird one. I think all of my mates are Frank Ocean fans, my missis is, her little sister. Probably fair to say none of our Mam and Dads have even heard of him. I’ve yet to see a best of decade that didn’t have one of Channel Orange or Blonde in its top 10 of the decade if not top 5.

Is he another record of similar quality and a big hit away from headlining Glastonbury? I’d like to think he was on it enough to appreciate what Glastonbury is to the U.K