2020 headliners

jj200

Didn't one of the Eavii say that one of the headliners was someone nobody had mentioned?  Macca and Swift were speculated for a long time, and so is Kendrick, therefore could we be in for a bit of a surprise?  But what other male solo artists are out there that could headline? Very unlikely it's going to be Reg therefore could it be Springsteen?

12 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Didn't one of the Eavii say that one of the headliners was someone nobody had mentioned?  Macca and Swift were speculated for a long time, and so is Kendrick, therefore could we be in for a bit of a surprise?  But what other male solo artists are out there that could headline? Very unlikely it's going to be Reg therefore could it be Springsteen?

Springsteen has played before. 

At the point when they said "nobody has mentioned them", I don't think many outside of this board had floated the idea of Kendrick. It's only since they dropped the clues and Kenny announced some dates that he's become the most likely choice.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Springsteen has played before. 

At the point when they said "nobody has mentioned them", I don't think many outside of this board had floated the idea of Kendrick. It's only since they dropped the clues and Kenny announced some dates that he's become the most likely choice.

Was it both remaining, before Swift was announced, that hadn't played before?  In that case you're right Springsteen is out of the running.

I did think Kendrick had been mentioned a fair bit but like you say might have been more recently.  I guess it's getting harder for them to surprise us with announcements as I think it will be underwhelming (from a surprise point of view before any Kendrick lover gets on their high horse) if Kendrick is announced as we've all pretty much expected all three of these headliners.

17 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I suspect the "not talked about" applies more to the wider population rather than on here where every potential headliner, sub and Other fifth down is dissected in forensic detail.

Yup. Every act has been spoken about on here. It would have to be someone truly leftfield for the speculation comments to apply to efests. Didn't someone even suggest Franz Ferdinand earlier in the thread?

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I suspect the "not talked about" applies more to the wider population rather than on here where every potential headliner, sub and Other fifth down is dissected in forensic detail.

Let's hope we get a National 2017-style complete (and very pleasant) shock somewhere this year. That was quite something. 

To be fair, Kenny and Taylor would have been totally out of the blue if we hadn't figured it out. It's hardly like we've got Muse and Coldplay and had it sussed for months. They're headliners that we always dismissed for various reasons. They're still left field headliners by the typical Glastonbury standards.

Edited by jparx

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

To be fair, Kenny and Taylor would have been totally out of the blue if we hadn't figured it out. It's hardly like we've got Muse and Coldplay and had it sussed for months. They're headliners that we always dismissed for various reasons. They're still left field headliners by the typical Glastonbury standards.

That's sort of my point though. They are what Emily is speaking about when she means 'not discussed' - but they're figured out on here because this place is a mad hive of festival detectives. There's not many headliners really who don't get discussed prior on here, but there's probably a lot in the real world.

Yeah I think we’ve got so good and used to investigation on here that nothing will be a surprise anymore.

We can look at someone’s tour dates and pretty much determine if they are in or out. The average glasto attendee just looks at who the papers talk about.

I think if you want to be surprised efestivals isn’t the place for ya.

13 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

That's sort of my point though. They are what Emily is speaking about when she means 'not discussed' - but they're figured out on here because this place is a mad hive of festival detectives. There's not many headliners really who don't get discussed prior on here, but there's probably a lot in the real world.

Yup. In the "real world" anyone not Chilli Peppers or Arctic Monkeys would be classed as "not discussed"

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The three headliners we've got are the toppermost of the poppermost. A trio for the ages. What's to gripe about the fact that they be all been widely speculated.

Fantastic headliners this year and not too bothered about early release of names. reckon the days of surprise late announcement headliners are passed. Social media, leaks from the artist, radio, tv, internet interviews and of course folk like us scanning every tour looking for glasto gaps have seen to that.  More fun now looking at the rest of the stages and wondering who is going to clash with the pyramid headliner you have already decided to see.