2020 headliners

jj200

On 12/27/2019 at 2:32 AM, Smeble said:

I think your idea of a really tough life is very different to mine.

I m glad your life has not been difficult but I was talking about JB and he has had all kinds of problems to deal with that you could never understand. Unless you think his life has been easy just because he is very wealthy? 

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2019 at 6:15 PM, Matt42 said:

Eh? JT’s one of the biggest males in pop. No way in hell he would accept third down when places like Coachella have been chucking tens of millions of dollars at him annually and he’s said no.

I don’t think what Coachella does has much influence on Glastonbury. I just can’t see JT in a headline position. He might not accept anything less but I think it would be a slow year if they offered it to him, regardless of his status (which isn’t what it was). 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

I don’t think what Coachella does has much influence on Glastonbury. I just can’t see JT in a headline position. He might not accept anything less but I think it would be a slow year if they offered it to him, regardless of his status (which isn’t what it was). 

Shite last album aside, JT is massive and would almost certainly be a headliner or nothing - think he long ago cemented himself to that stature and I don't see it dropping any time soon. Whether Glastonbury would ever be interested in him is another thing entirely, but I wouldn't call it a slow year if he got the call at all. Got a great stage show and enough stone cold bangers to nail a major festival headline slot.

28 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don’t think what Coachella does has much influence on Glastonbury

Funny innit, I always saw them both on a par and it only takes attending Glasto a few times myself and hearing of friends who have attended Coachella to realise they are worlds apart. Coachella was on my bucket list and one point and now I don’t think I would waste a weekend there.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:15 AM, Matt42 said:

Eh? JT’s one of the biggest males in pop. No way in hell he would accept third down when places like Coachella have been chucking tens of millions of dollars at him annually and he’s said no.

I mean when Beyonce got pregnant and then he lost his voice, he lost his chances to perform. Wasnt a fluke he had a well timed tour gap in 2018.

Edited by Suprefan

9 hours ago, jow95 said:

Funny innit, I always saw them both on a par and it only takes attending Glasto a few times myself and hearing of friends who have attended Coachella to realise they are worlds apart. Coachella was on my bucket list and one point and now I don’t think I would waste a weekend there.

just depends on what your expectations are. For starters, one has larger name recognition than the other now, despite glasto having been around twice as long. ( sorry, its the truth, and its been brought up plenty as to how americans dont know about glasto, but coachella is in the everyday lexicon  ) You shouldnt go into one or the other thinking its going to be “superior”. Lots of Americans would never “waste” their time going to Glastonbury because of the british stereotypes that surround it, mainly the weather. 

Having gone to Coachella for almost 20 years, fair to say that I know what Im in for going to that, and I know what im in for going to another event. When I went to glasto in 2017, there was never a thought in my mind that I had to go in comparing both festivals And figuring out which was better and such. They both do things the other cant, and thats the draw for either of them. Ill say this, Coachella has never shied away from trying to push their line ups onto people and worrying that much about backlash, especially now since they have 2 weekends to meet attendance demand. ( yes, its dropped the last couple years, but people are still going )

They dont have to please an audience that is just screaming for a certain type of artist. In its current state, they just balance the old with the new pretty well and throw in some curveballs and some throwbacks to keep the old guard coming. Ive had plenty of friends who have stopped going to the festival because they feel out of touch with what theyre presenting, and yeah, thats an age thing of course since tastes usually change as we get older. But they still end up ahead of the most u.s festivals at the end of the hear because of everyone they booked on the lower parts of the poster. 

Just remember that coachella has taken a lot from glasto and made itself into its own thing, and should never have to be something that detracts you from thinking of going. Unless the armies of social media hungry college students isnt your cup of tea. 😎

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, henry bear said:

Fucking hell, 4 days solid on the headliners thread discussing the merits of 2 Justins. Don’t forget the singer from The Darkness and the fella from Del Amitri. They’re crap too.

Emotional scenes when this goes off on the Pyramid

15 hours ago, Bisque said:

Friends convinced me/dragged me along on a long stopover in LA & we’d just been paid our, quite significant, allowances for the next few days.

I enjoyed it when I went but the lineups aren't enough to pull me in at all now. Its very expensive and I got lucky with a lineup, as an Englishmen the beat they've had imo or for quite some time

On 12/28/2019 at 6:17 PM, Bisque said:

I went to Coachella & it was rubbish. Made me drink in a bar miles away from the music.

I knew it would be rubbish so didn’t even complain to my friends who wanted to see David Guetta over Radiohead.

They dont want drunk assholes  in the middle of crowds holding beers ruining things. ( youre not one of them though ). There would be too much underage drinking and a lot of liability to deal with. ( not even factoring in the drugs on top of that mind you ) At other big festivals in the states theres tons of underage drinking because you can just get a drinking wristband very easily from multiple id check stalls and pass them onto an underage person. If you ever went to Outside Lands in San Francisco for example  you would think it was total rubbish because of the giant swath of annoying underage and drunk people in attendance who arent even there for the music. So yeah, its a good thing theres beer gardens at Coachella. If you wanna drink and see the music, get a plastic flask, thats what the festival veterans do.

Edited by Suprefan
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

They dont want drunk assholes  in the middle of crowds holding beers ruining things. ( youre not one of them though ). There would be too much underage drinking and a lot of liability to deal with. ( not even factoring in the drugs on top of that mind you ) At other big festivals in the states theres tons of underage drinking because you can just get a drinking wristband very easily from multiple id check stalls and pass them onto an underage person. If you ever went to Outside Lands in San Francisco for example  you would think it was total rubbish because of the giant swath of annoying underage and drunk people in attendance who arent even there for the music. So yeah, its a good thing theres beer gardens at Coachella. If you wanna drink and see the music, get a plastic flask, thats what the festival veterans do.

So, the only way to stop underage drinking is to segregate drinkers?

Sounds rubbish.

There's so many other things that could be done.   I mean, we do alright here without making everyone drink in fenced gardens.