2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Had some friends who were waiting at the stage, the bands gear was there and ready to be set up, but the weather turned for the worse, and they didnt want to risk crowd safety, so it was called off.

Either you are full of shit or your friends are cos that's bollocks 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

They werent pulling my leg, but its ok, believe what you want. Lets move on.

I love the fact that I'm the only one you shoot down when everyone else ripped you to bits. I'll just have to move firmly back to the camp of "this story is a load of shit". 😃 If they weren't pulling your leg, they're either gullible as fook, have a wonderful sense of fantastical optimism, were off their faces or you've made it up. I'm sure it's not the last one. There was no space for them to play and the weather didn't take any turns for the worse as it was pretty steadily shit all weekend. There was no way they'd cart their gear up there in case "it turned out nice". 

The end.

Edited by Superscally
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

They werent pulling my leg, but its ok, believe what you want. Lets move on.

Nah I'm sure they were. Or heard it off someone else. There was no room for them on The Park what so ever, no rumours leading up to it. Let alone the time to set down a band, set their gear up them going 'Nah' and then setting up the next band with no interruptions. 

I'm sure your friends are great, but festival rumours spread quickly, true or false.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, it happened in 2011... which is why it's even more unbelievable that it was lined up to happen again just five years later. 100% a load of bollocks.

It wasn’t quite “full” Radiohead, Thom & the guitarist as far as I remember (we got shut out by the arches & weren’t able to get in) but I’m agreeing with you.

I also thought it was 2010 & 2011 was Pulp but it neither matters! It’s been a while.

7 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Nah I'm sure they were. Or heard it off someone else. There was no room for them on The Park what so ever, no rumours leading up to it. Let alone the time to set down a band, set their gear up them going 'Nah' and then setting up the next band with no interruptions. 

I'm sure your friends are great, but festival rumours spread quickly, true or false.

Thing is, Friday evening was the best weather of the weekend. When ZZ Top and Foals were on the Pyramid it was lovely. That bit doesn’t make sense either.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s true. It was such a bad year because it slammed it down for a hard week before the festival - the event itself wasn’t so bad.

Yes! I remember turning up on Thursday (I risked getting a coach ticket) giving up on slogging to my friends camp as I was so sweaty & had had enough.

Camped next to some lovely people I am still friends with, they didn’t believe I actually had any friends at the fest but that mud walking in I had to stop 3/4 times & I only had two bags.

The fest was fine, maybe a bit of drizzle during TDCC that last 20 mins.

12 hours ago, Bisque said:

It wasn’t quite “full” Radiohead, Thom & the guitarist as far as I remember (we got shut out by the arches & weren’t able to get in) but I’m agreeing with you.

I also thought it was 2010 & 2011 was Pulp but it neither matters! It’s been a while.

It was both, Thom and Johnny in 2010 doing the hits and then the full band in 2011 playing King of Limbs in full.

12 hours ago, Bisque said:

The only wet day that year was the Sunday where it drizzled all day up until I saw Coldplay.

There was a bit of a shower early on Friday (I was watching NAO on The Park) but that aside it was alright until the Sunday. Nobody would have cancelled on the Friday because of the bad weather.

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sun was out Friday afternoon when we were watching ZZ Top

So it was, we actually found a bit of grass to sit on, with a waterproof jacket as a blanket, just over Bellas bridge. One thing I learnt that year was that the mud actually gets worse as it begins to dry out.  It goes from just being wet to being thick and capable of swallowing wellies and young children. Heading up from the other stage to the rail track at about one am I took a fall right into it. Thankfully the glasto spirit of my fellow revellers took over and instead of helping me I was serenaded with a chorus of Hefellova. Oh how I laughed. 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

So it was, we actually found a bit of grass to sit on, with a waterproof jacket as a blanket, just over Bellas bridge. One thing I learnt that year was that the mud actually gets worse as it begins to dry out.  It goes from just being wet to being thick and capable of swallowing wellies and young children. Heading up from the other stage to the rail track at about one am I took a fall right into it. Thankfully the glasto spirit of my fellow revellers took over and instead of helping me I was serenaded with a chorus of Hefellova. Oh how I laughed. 

looks like kids and adults went under .... maybe looking for them ... :) 

glastonbury-festival-uk-shutterstock-editorial-5736243bh.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 12/19/2019 at 6:07 AM, kalifire said:

I’m sure Emily said that acts will be involved that have meant something to the festival over the years. So I’ve no doubt there’ll be some gems in amongst the normal line up (which is always great anyway). 

So... Kaiser Chiefs?