2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Bennykill said:

At no point have I said someone should or shouldn’t like anything. People can like what they want.

Fair enough - you didn’t say that exactly, but there was a pretty clear implication across numerous posts that she is for “teenage girls”.

Comparing her to Ariana Grande and Little Mix says it all really - there really is no comparison between them whatsoever.  Can either of those acts play piano, play guitar, write and perform their own material?  They are typical manufactured pop acts.  Not knocking them at all, but Taylor Swift is in a different league completely.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Outside this forum people don’t really chat about Glastonbury. Funnily enough there have been more pressing matters on people’s minds.

I dunno, my friends talk about Glastonbury all the time...although granted that may be because I force them to.

I do think that though that there's a massive subsection of the population who love Glastonbury but don't find it necessary to chat about it on an online forum. 

However, whether they post on here or not, everyone I know that is going to Glastonbury is excited about Diana Ross. 

As is my Mum (who she isn't going). 

2 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I dunno, my friends talk about Glastonbury all the time...although granted that may be because I force them to.

I do think that though that there's a massive subsection of the population who love Glastonbury but don't find it necessary to chat about it on an online forum. 

However, whether they post on here or not, everyone I know that is going to Glastonbury is excited about Diana Ross. 

As is my Mum (who she isn't going). 

100% the above

That RHCP news is crazy! I honestly thought their Instagram had been hacked. Massive news. If Glastonbury have managed to get them booked on the Other then it's a real coup. Probably won't happen though.

But, I could see them doing it in 2021. It's been quite clear that Macca, Taylor and Kendrick have been the top choices for years beforehand. 

4 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I've never seen a band completely one-eighty in so many people's estimations just from the return of a guitarist. 

I don't think it's entirely coincidental that their commercial and critical peaks have been with him in the band.

But can still be 50/50 live!

I saw RHCP live twice with Frusciante on board, once at their own show in 2006 and another time at Leeds Festival (his last show with them until now) and they were shite both times, so him being there doesn’t equate a good live show, but he’s certainly the most interesting part of the band on record, so maybe he’ll be able to at least bring something to the table there.

6 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The Stone Roses??

People at least admit to liking SRs songs before that. The way it sounded on here RHCP are up their with Creed and Jedward as universally excepted abominations to music.

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

I don't think it's entirely coincidental that their commercial and critical peaks have been with him in the band.

But can still be 50/50 live!

No doubt, I don't know their history too well but I assume that's right. No one was even that kind about them this time last week mind :).

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I still think they’re shit.

Consistency is all I ask for :P 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I saw RHCP live twice with Frusciante on board, once at their own show in 2006 and another time at Leeds Festival (his last show with them until now) and they were shite both times, so him being there doesn’t equate a good live show, but he’s certainly the most interesting part of the band on record, so maybe he’ll be able to at least bring something to the table there.

Seen them 4 times in total.

Reading '99 - peak Californication era, amazing.

Hyde Park '04 -  OK, not terrible but a noticeable drop in form

Reading '06 - Stadium Arcadium, Frusciante on his way to burnout, utterly terrible

Benicassim '17 - Klinghofer, amazing performance again.

From the shows I've seen, which ties in with yours, they're at their worst when Frusciante is knackered and phoning it in.

I’m not really often in here, cos headliners/meh etc etc, but I’d just like it on record that I think RHCP are a bag of bollocks and even getting Harry Kane, Skeletor and Dave Lombardo in the band wouldn’t make them a must-see. 

hi @Quark ? love you! 

Edited by balti-pie