2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Diana Ross will be more Gibb level than Parton or Richie. Not biggest of the weekend when they have some of those other names about.

She doesn’t have as much of a novelty factor and imo her songs don’t have the same ubiquity in that people know straight-off that they are Diana Ross tunes.

Was there ever an “are you going to go see Diana Ross” poll on here?

Tend to agree....but then I also thought Lionel wouldn't get a massive crowd and got that one wrong.

1 hour ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Followed by Aerosmith, which will be busier than Macca, IMO

If The 1975 are opposite Macca, then its possible.

i think the Diana Ross rarity makes its a bit more of a must for some people. Since they arent going to pay for her solo shows, this is the alternative.

Edited by Suprefan

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Didn’t go down great in my groupchat, but luckily saying about Kendrick and how the other stage headliners are massive seemed to raise moods. Might see her, probably not based on my friends reaction hopefully she is against Foals/PSB or someone

Yeah I've had a similar reaction in my Glastonbury group chat. Lots really unhappy with both headliners so far, although Taylor much more so than Macca.

3 hours ago, Bennykill said:

I’m stunned at the level of excitement over Taylor. She is a massive star but I’m shocked she is so popular amongst non 15 year old girls.

Shake it off is a fun track. 

Jeez .... tiresome, but unfortunately entirely predictable stuff.  All this "music for teenage girls" nonsense really winds me up.  So because 15 year old girls like her, you are shocked that she might be popular amongst "non 15 year old girls"?

My 14 year old daughter absolutely loves her so she fits that demographic perfectly.  She is literally on cloud nine now that it has been confirmed we will be seeing her next year on our first visit to the farm.  On the other hand, I am Male, and approaching 50, so by your narrow view of things I really shouldn't like an artist like Taylor Swift?  Well, I am also a massive fan.  There is genuinely no act that would stop me from seeing her next June.  I saw her live 2 years ago and she was amazing.  So should Macca be the one who really excites me, because of my age?  Is that how it should work?  I was personally pretty underwhelmed by the Macca announcement, although I appreciate how big it is and will probably be there anyway.  However, the Taylor Swift announcement is the one that has really gone down well in our house.

I don't know why I am surprised, but it just saddens me to hear people dismissing an amazing artist like Taylor Swift using the rationale "it is music for young girls".

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Diana Ross will be more Gibb level than Parton or Richie. Not biggest of the weekend when they have some of those other names about.

She doesn’t have as much of a novelty factor and imo her songs don’t have the same ubiquity in that people know straight-off that they are Diana Ross tunes.

Was there ever an “are you going to go see Diana Ross” poll on here?

Are you on crack? She’s more of a lgbt icon than kylie 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Jeez .... tiresome, but unfortunately entirely predictable stuff.  All this "music for teenage girls" nonsense really winds me up.  So because 15 year old girls like her, you are shocked that she might be popular amongst "non 15 year old girls"?

My 14 year old daughter absolutely loves her so she fits that demographic perfectly.  She is literally on cloud nine now that it has been confirmed we will be seeing her next year on our first visit to the farm.  On the other hand, I am Male, and approaching 50, so by your narrow view of things I really shouldn't like an artist like Taylor Swift?  Well, I am also a massive fan.  There is genuinely no act that would stop me from seeing her next June.  I saw her live 2 years ago and she was amazing.  So should Macca be the one who really excites me, because of my age?  Is that how it should work?  I was personally pretty underwhelmed by the Macca announcement, although I appreciate how big it is and will probably be there anyway.  However, the Taylor Swift announcement is the one that has really gone down well in our house.

I don't know why I am surprised, but it just saddens me to hear people dismissing an amazing artist like Taylor Swift using the rationale "it is music for young girls".

here here ... im 43 and think her voice is fantastic .... see you at the front ... ill be leaning on the barrier :) 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Tend to agree....but then I also thought Lionel wouldn't get a massive crowd and got that one wrong.

On paper he shouldn’t have, but the novelty was off the scale. Like Craig David’s notoriously gargantuan crowd. Diana Ross is a don who commands respect and I just can’t see the same jollies to be had.

It does of course depend on what they’ve programmed against her. Like The Killers in 2017 and the general sense of disillusionment in 2016.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Are you on crack? She’s more of a lgbt icon than kylie 

Yes I am.

Do you think that’s the sole reason she got a huge crowd?

8 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

With FRUSCIANTE back, I totally buy this guys in Glastonbury. 

Screenshot_2019-12-15-22-08-53-943_com.instagram.android.jpg

Christmas has come early for me. I NEVER thought he'd rejoin. RHCP are nothing without him in my opinion. I would cry for fucking hours if they're announced for GF now. Either way I'm doing all I can to see their next tour with him. Incredible 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Stokesy10 said:

Christmas has come early for me. I NEVER thought he'd rejoin. RHCP are nothing without him in my opinion. I would cry for fucking hours if they're announced for GF now. Either way I'm doing all I can to see their next tour with him. Incredible 

With Frusciante it's a massive booking. No doubt. Praying.