2020 headliners

jj200

49 minutes ago, VCK said:

If you'd have offered me 10 points clear of 3rd in December at the start of the season I'd have snapped your hand off. But still, that was a harsh reminder that Leeds are still Leeds.

We don’t want to be top at Christmas anyway after what happened last year. 

14 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Out of the 3 headliners Kendrick is the farthest away from pop.

Quite. The impact TPAB and Damn have had despite a near-total absence of commercial appeal (you can count on one hand the number of radio-oriented songs across both albums) is part of what makes him so remarkable.

Even as a 1975 stan, Kendrick/Macca/Taylor is a phenomenally well-balanced trio, that could only possibly have been improved by swapping Macca for the Mac so that there were no repeat headliners.. that there is a single person complaining baffles me.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

we've only had the early announcements because we've already known the early announcements .... if we work out the other stage headliners with some certainty they will get announcements too I would have thought .... the first poster drop might have the excitement of the bandstand lineup on it though :) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Before you say Taylor, Sunday pyramid crowds are never the biggest, despite the local influx.

They can be, and especially when it's a feel good mainstream act.

Stevie Wonder absolutely packing out the field as an example, and more recently Coldplay.

10 minutes ago, Superscally said:

I'd be confident he'll have the biggest crowd of the weekend, depending on Diana's competition. Before you say Taylor, Sunday pyramid crowds are never the biggest, despite the local influx.

Diana will have the biggest. Macca will no doubt pull a huge crowd. Will be interesting to see the crowd shift from Aerosmith (if subbing) to Macca. There would have to be some Other/WH headliner to do so

5 minutes ago, incident said:

They can be, and especially when it's a feel good mainstream act.

Stevie Wonder absolutely packing out the field as an example, and more recently Coldplay.

I'd have been very interested to have seen how big Coldplays crowd would have been without the glowy bands...swayed half of our camp to go! I didn't think Stevie was that busy either...not where we were. What a fucking gig though. Actually, both of em were whizzbangers.

I think Diana Ross will be more Gibb level than Parton or Richie. Not biggest of the weekend when they have some of those other names about.

She doesn’t have as much of a novelty factor and imo her songs don’t have the same ubiquity in that people know straight-off that they are Diana Ross tunes.

Was there ever an “are you going to go see Diana Ross” poll on here?

1 minute ago, Superscally said:

I'd have been very interested to have seen how big Coldplays crowd would have been without the glowy bands...swayed half of our camp to go! I didn't think Stevie was that busy either...not where we were. What a fucking gig though. Actually, both of em were whizzbangers.

they didnt need to stay though :) im sure I could see them glowing up by the sign during coldplay :)