2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Doug85 said:

I'd be furious if I were you

Resale are going to be a nightmare now (if they weren't already). Swifties suddenly finding out what Glastonbury is on social media. 

its early enough for the hype to settle down .... I meant mostly after the shit weekend of political news ... this is a decent distraction :) Its a strong lineup ... but ive already made peace with that being the case in my head 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

its early enough for the hype to settle down .... I meant mostly after the shit weekend of political news ... this is a decent distraction :) Its a strong lineup ... but ive already made peace with that being the case in my head 

Jurgen Klopp and Micheal Eavis, the two people on earth capable of cheering everyone up the weekend after a new Tory government is elected.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

I am not complaining about her being a headline act, she is a massive act. I am just shocked at her appeal. My teenage nieces love her so I have always considered her in the same vain as Little Mix, Ariana Grande etc. (Other people they like). Just because she isn't my cup of tea doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be a headliner. 

oh and I have never liked Oasis. 

I was just messing with you, what I said is the usual reply on here to anyone who isn't a fan of a mainstream top 40 pop artist. ;) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Foals we’re against Janet Jackson on pyramid (can’t remember their exact set time so this could be wrong)

The first 15 minutes of their set clashed with her, by which time most people at the Pyramid had got bored - hence I said mostly.

You're massively underestimating Taylor - she'll get a huge crowd, probably the biggest of the weekend. Assuming that it's Noel Gallagher on the Other Stage as expected, he'll get a respectable crowd but nothing record breaking or dangerous. Same for Isley Brothers on West Holts. It's a good spread.

14 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

you compared her to Ariana Grande and Little Mix, so you blatantly dont

Just as a quick check I typed Tay Sways name into Spotify and clicked related artists. Ariana grande and Little mix were both listed in the top 20

Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Meghan Trainor, ZAYN, Justin Beiber. Carly Rae Jepson, Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Alessia Cara, Shawn mendez, Fifth Harmony, Katy Perry, Little Mix

That's a lineup that would be too teenybooper for even one big weekend

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Well to be fair we asked for something to help ease the feeling on Friday. However this will peak interest in Glasto for a bit 

Just now, Doug85 said:

Well to be fair we asked for something to help ease the feeling on Friday. However this will peak interest in Glasto for a bit 

Of course ... and I also don’t think me hoping for a crap lineup is very fair with all the help and support that’s been offered .. what will be will be with tickets and hopefully if I’m not successful those that have been successfull will be able to party hard with a cracking lineup on my behalf 

36 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I guess for most of us here this is not remotely a surprise, so it's quite odd that out in the real world, people are going nuts over this (either in good way or a bad way). Same will happen with the Kendrick announcement too I guess.

Way more backlash when Kendrick gets announced. Hes a rapper, and ya know, african american. Plus people will argue he has no songs they know or they dont know who he is.

Edited by Suprefan

7 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

Just as a quick check I typed Tay Sways name into Spotify and clicked related artists. Ariana grande and Little mix were both listed in the top 20

Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Meghan Trainor, ZAYN, Justin Beiber. Carly Rae Jepson, Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande, Alessia Cara, Shawn mendez, Fifth Harmony, Katy Perry, Little Mix

That's a lineup that would be too teenybooper for even one big weekend

That list it gives you VIH. Mediocrity and marketing everywhere. 

54 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i'm stunned that people still think that Taylor Swift is only popular with 15 year old girls.

usually shows how thoroughly ignorant they are of her back catalogue, and usually only became aware of her after Shake It Off (one of her worst songs IMO) came out.

She is popular but surely you know that Shake It Off is also a big song that helped her. And it's not just among 15 year olds....its amongst 10/12 year olds too but no in all seriousness, there is a huge population that are younger which can't be said for every headliner.

51 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I guess for most of us here this is not remotely a surprise, so it's quite odd that out in the real world, people are going nuts over this (either in good way or a bad way). Same will happen with the Kendrick announcement too I guess.

I'm not against him personally....I'm against the to decision to headline and I think the reaction will landslide to that decision too.

46 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

I’m stunned at the level of excitement over McCartney. He is a massive star but I’m shocked he is so popular amongst non boomer white blokes.

Twist and Shout is a fun track. 

Really?, the red album I'd easily as good still as any indie rock album out there today, still never see a reason to turn off listening to it and that's why. One of the best bands of all time.

34 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

I was 8 so probably why I can't remember ha 

Thanks for that

That early version of you now will be pleasing with parents to buy tickets now!