2020 headliners

jj200

14 minutes ago, VCK said:

Yeah but something something gammon something something I bet you listen to Oasis something something

;) 

I am not complaining about her being a headline act, she is a massive act. I am just shocked at her appeal. My teenage nieces love her so I have always considered her in the same vain as Little Mix, Ariana Grande etc. (Other people they like). Just because she isn't my cup of tea doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be a headliner. 

oh and I have never liked Oasis. 

Just now, Bennykill said:

I am not complaining about her being a headline act, she is a massive act. I am just shocked at her appeal. My teenage nieces love her so I have always considered her in the same vain as Little Mix, Ariana Grande etc. (Other people they like). Just because she isn't my cup of tea doesn’t mean she shouldn’t be a headliner. 

Turns out music can be enjoyed by more than one generation

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

I’m stunned at the level of excitement over Taylor. She is a massive star but I’m shocked she is so popular amongst non 15 year old girls.

Shake it off is a fun track. 

i'm stunned that people still think that Taylor Swift is only popular with 15 year old girls.

usually shows how thoroughly ignorant they are of her back catalogue, and usually only became aware of her after Shake It Off (one of her worst songs IMO) came out.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

Luckily my daughters are a bit older now so I don’t get the likes of Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift blasting round the house any more but I can’t deny she’s a decent booking for the festival.

Edited by rivalschools.price

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I guess for most of us here this is not remotely a surprise, so it's quite odd that out in the real world, people are going nuts over this (either in good way or a bad way). Same will happen with the Kendrick announcement too I guess.

a cursory look on social media shows how little people pay attention to what's going on, a huge amount think Oasis will reform and play, or Fleetwood Mac are nailed on.

you only have to look at the election and the focus group videos to see how little most people pay attention to anything.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

I’m stunned at the level of excitement over Taylor. She is a massive star but I’m shocked she is so popular amongst non 15 year old girls.

Shake it off is a fun track. 

I’m stunned at the level of excitement over McCartney. He is a massive star but I’m shocked he is so popular amongst non boomer white blokes.

Twist and Shout is a fun track. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Turns out music can be enjoyed by more than one generation

That’s true, but doesn’t stop me being shocked by just how popular she is. 

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

i'm stunned that people still think that Taylor Swift is only popular with 15 year old girls.

usually shows how thoroughly ignorant they are of her back catalogue, and usually only became aware of her after Shake It Off (one of her worst songs IMO) came out.

Having young nieces I am well aware of her back catalogue. I have to listen to it every time they are in my car. Doesn’t rock my boat and I love a bit of pop. I have never knocked her, just shocked by the level of her appeal. 

13 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

maybe you should listen to her back catalogue rather than embarrassing yourself with this opinion.

bit like listening to "Love Me Do" and deciding that the Beatles and The Monkees were in the same vain.

• Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, incident said:

It's really not.

Foals at The Park was busy because they played 4th from top, and most of their set was pitted against empty stages.

FBS was busy because someone who could (and has) legitimately headline stages of 10+ thousand was playing to maybe 2,000. The Streets were also booked in a much smaller stage than they should have been. Both of those were bugger all to do with who was on the Pyramid.

The Pyramid will be plenty busy on the Sunday night, don't worry about that.

Foals we’re against Janet Jackson on pyramid (can’t remember their exact set time so this could be wrong) fat boy slim against stormzy and the streets vs the cure. None of those acts on pyramid had crowds like the killers or Kylie sized where the majority of the festival was seeing the headliners.

fbs on the glade was a dumb idea, but against someone like Muse? Pyramid would have been much more rammed. 

Regardless of personal musical taste it comes down to the safety and crowd of punters, glasto crowd is generally older as well. It’s not v festival is it. 

1 minute ago, Bennykill said:

That’s true, but doesn’t stop me being shocked by just how popular she is. 

Having young nieces I am well aware of her back catalogue. I have to listen to it every time they are in my car. Doesn’t rock my boat and I love a bit of pop. I have never knocked her, just shocked by the level of her appeal. 

most of her music isn't really pop, certainly nothing like Little Mix etc., so I very much doubt that you are.

maybe if you basically ignore the first half of her career and just focus on the last couple of albums, you could, barely, make that point.

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

maybe you should listen to her back catalogue rather than embarrassing yourself with this opinion.

bit like listening to "Love Me Do" and deciding that the Beatles and The Monkees were in the same vain.

I know her back catalogue. I have young nieces that listen to it constantly.