2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, Bennykill said:

I’m stunned at the level of excitement over Taylor. She is a massive star but I’m shocked she is so popular amongst non 15 year old girls.

Shake it off is a fun track. 

Yeah but something something gammon something something I bet you listen to Oasis something something

;) 

• Upvote 1

Didn’t go down great in my groupchat, but luckily saying about Kendrick and how the other stage headliners are massive seemed to raise moods. Might see her, probably not based on my friends reaction hopefully she is against Foals/PSB or someone

Before everyone starts crying “if you don’t like it go see someone else”

This is how you get crushes at smaller stages. Foals on park, fat boy slim at glade and the streets are obvious examples of this from this year.

The festival are responsible for ensuring the majority of festival goers are where the most room is. Other stage is going have to have someone huge. 

9 minutes ago, SophieCornish said:

How anyone can think Taylor is a bad booking is INSANE. She's the cream of the crop for pop music, and her, plus a Beatle, plus the biggest hip hop artist of modern times is an absolute home run from the Eavises... I SAID WHAT I SAID

Depends on how you see someone as the biggest. Despite his shortcomings the last couple albums, Kanye still moves the needle in a way no other rapper does. Drake is in that same air and people flock to him, but thats more due to constant output and is able to keep having hits. Kendrick just isnt a loud mouth and does what he does, which is a nice change  of pace compared to the rest of his peers. You could say one of the most revered and respected for sure. One of the biggest names currently yes, bigger over some others, thats a stretch. Dont think Kendrick couldve sold out 7 nights at The O2 like Drake did this year. 

3 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

This is how you get crushes at smaller stages. Foals on park, fat boy slim at glade and the streets are obvious examples of this from this year.

The festival are responsible for ensuring the majority of festival goers are where the most room is. Other stage is going have to have someone huge. 

Er......you realise Taylor is going to be pretty damn busy?

4 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

they have had much quieter acts than Taylor will be at the pyramid and the rest of the site has been fine ...  its a perfect sunday slot for the locals I would say 

3 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

It's really not.

Foals at The Park was busy because they played 4th from top, and most of their set was pitted against empty stages.

FBS was busy because someone who could (and has) legitimately headline stages of 10+ thousand was playing to maybe 2,000. The Streets were also booked in a much smaller stage than they should have been. Both of those were bugger all to do with who was on the Pyramid.

The Pyramid will be plenty busy on the Sunday night, don't worry about that.