2020 headliners

jj200

22 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

People came to the conclusion it would be The 1975 against Kendrick, Dua Lipa against Macca, and Noel against Taylor? If so do we think The 1975 could get a bigger crowd than Kendrick? Either way I'd imagine their crowd would be huge

Personally I reckon they’ll throw The 1975 vs Macca

5 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Don't do that to me! I would of easily chosen The 1975 over Kendrick but against Macca! That's a hell of a clash for me

Just think it makes sense especially if they feel people will camp out for an Aerosmith/Macca run.  

The 1975 are massive and would certainly take a chunk of the crowd away

9 hours ago, sisco said:

Just think it makes sense especially if they feel people will camp out for an Aerosmith/Macca run.  

The 1975 are massive and would certainly take a chunk of the crowd away

But nobody is sure that Aerosmith is subbing Macca either, just talk at this point. So if they add in something else to break it up, then it works even better to have the 1975 on Other that day. I mean, before it came to light Dua would end up on Other everyone had her on the pyramid either 3rd or maybe even a sub, but now thats all twisted around. There just needs to be some other names pop up that make everyone feel could fill certain slots as counter programming and make crowd control much more feasible. Said it in an earlier post, if Aerosmith is subbing macca, nobody is leaving the Pyramid from 6pm and onwards, which isnt a good thing. 

14 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

if Aerosmith is subbing macca, nobody is leaving the Pyramid from 6pm and onwards, which isnt a good thing. 

Plenty of people won’t be at the Pyramid at all for those two. And loads of people will. Each of the main stages will get decent crowds.  

22 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But nobody is sure that Aerosmith is subbing Macca either, just talk at this point. So if they add in something else to break it up, then it works even better to have the 1975 on Other that day. I mean, before it came to light Dua would end up on Other everyone had her on the pyramid either 3rd or maybe even a sub, but now thats all twisted around. There just needs to be some other names pop up that make everyone feel could fill certain slots as counter programming and make crowd control much more feasible. Said it in an earlier post, if Aerosmith is subbing macca, nobody is leaving the Pyramid from 6pm and onwards, which isnt a good thing. 

How do we know Dua is on Other? 

14 hours ago, sisco said:

Personally I reckon they’ll throw The 1975 vs Macca

I really hope you're correct, provided I am there I don't want a Macca vs Dua Lipa decision to make. Put her on the Friday on Other....I'm well aware that won't happen btw if indeed it's Kendrick although there must be more people that have no interest in one of them as there is crossover but nothing entirely different 

52 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The Sun made a story of Dua Lipa being lined up for a Pyramid Stage slot. I know it’s a detestable rag but that makes more sense to be correct than Yannis apparently dishing out info in a year he’s not playing.

Up the random Foals/Dua information

down with complete common sense

Dua Lipa is massive but so is Katy Perry. Could do a similar slot to allow some of her younger fans to see her.

No idea about The 1975 now. Could be Other headliners to spread the younger crowd away from Macca & might be up for it as if we think this “50th” means bigger acts playing.

My 2 cents.

8 hours ago, charlierc said:

I thought recent comments by Michael Eavis indicated that there won't be any big news on this until mid-Jan?

Michael said the Sunday headliner would be announced Jan 15th.  Thats not to say there wont be something else before that. He didnt say thats the next announcement, just what it specifically would be about. You figure  they announce an Other or West Holts headliner before the holiday. Thats enough to keep people going until next month.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The Sun made a story of Dua Lipa being lined up for a Pyramid Stage slot. I know it’s a detestable rag but that makes more sense to be correct than Yannis apparently dishing out info in a year he’s not playing.

Yeah exactly. Maybe I’m just being short sighted but third down pyramid on the sat would be such a good set for Dua. 

Third down pyramid slot and then headline in a few years I think. Same sort of glasto progression as Ed Sheeran.

Edited by Matt42

On 12/13/2019 at 7:41 PM, Suprefan said:

I watched the video of Dave playing last year and that guy rapping along the crowd looked very young ! They won't be camping out for aerosmith and Paul McCartney I think there is a lot of young folk who won't be fussed.

I on the other hand will have my drinks and snacks and will have a whale of a time.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Yeah exactly. Maybe I’m just being short sighted but third down pyramid on the sat would be such a good set for Dua. 

Third down pyramid slot and then headline in a few years I think. Same sort of glasto profession as Ed Sheeran.

Thanks for comparing her to up-and-comers like Sheeran (2014) rather than down-and-outers like Katy and Miley.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Confusing post. I clearly know what his point was, or else I wouldn't have patted him on the back for making it.

Ah apologies, I misconstrued it as getting at him for choosing a male comparison rather than females in the same position. 

I'll edit my post now.