2020 headliners

jj200

I am going to stay out of this politics talk, to not cause a full debate, but I will try change the subject.

I have been listening to Taylor and Kendrick to try get into them, and I can report that I am beginning to enjoy Taylor especially her most recent album Lover, which is a worry if predictions end up been correct and Noel will be against her on The Other stage as I am a big Noel fan, but I have seen him a few times before...whereas Taylor would be new territory for me. I have had her other albums on shuffle as well, and there are some songs I like there but as I am working I don't look at the names of them, but at least I know if I was to see her I would enjoy it

However when it comes to Kendrick, once again I have had him on shuffle but only found 2 songs I like, which not knowing a lot about Kendrick I believe are 2 of his bigger songs King Kunta and Swimming Pools? Whether I need more time to get into I don't know, but will continue to listen to him. One thing I have thought though is after looking at liver performances of both artists, I don't see the appeal of Kendrick Live and haven't watched one which I thought looked good, am I missing something, maybe its because I don't listen to rap/hip hop at all really and have never been to any gigs of a rap or hip hop artists but I can't see what makes it good live...does anyone care to share, I am open to suggestions of songs and live performances to watch to try change my mind, and if that doesn't work I guess I will have to realise it's just not for me

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

Jez has baggage, shit loads of it. 

It was always going to cause him problems, and was why he was a bad choice as leader.

Nail on head (again). I've got two mates who are fairly politically engaged and hate Johnson/Brexit but have both told me in the past few days they won't vote Corbyn because of the AS issue.

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Jez has baggage, shit loads of it. 

It was always going to cause him problems, and was why he was a bad choice as leader.

I don't disagree but the same can be said of BoJo, out of interest who would you go for as leader? Feel like Starmer could do a job after the inevitable Tory landslide on Friday

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

IM not sure it will be a true representation ... but might make a decent tweet :) 

I reckon we mostly lean to the left here but I think you should create a efestivals exit poll CF.

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

I don't disagree but the same can be said of BoJo

nope, nothing of similar level.

If you're young you might not get this, but (for example) his links to the IRA and his support for their ultimate aim at the time of the Brighton bombing is not the sort of thing that everyone can forgive.

But also his unilateralism; his anti-Westernism; standing side by side with Hamas; his support for 70s-style trade unionism; etc, etc, etc. All of the things the leftish clique he inhabits supports, where each one is outside of the mainstream view.

Just one of those things make him unvotable to some people. The accumulative effect is significant.

This really shouldn't be a surprise. All of this was raised for why he was a bad idea for leader before he became leader.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

If you're young you might not get this, but (for example) his links to the IRA and his support for their ultimate aim at the time of the Brighton bombing is not the sort of thing that everyone can forgive.

But also his unilateralism; his anti-Westernism; standing side by side with Hamas; his support for 70s-style trade unionism; etc, etc, etc. All of the things the leftish clique he inhabits supports, where each one is outside of the mainstream view.

Just one of those things make him unvotable to some people. The accumulative effect is significant.

This really shouldn't be a surprise. All of this was raised for why he was a bad idea for leader before he became leader.

Comparing the voting records of Jez and Boris, it's not hard to decide who is the better human being.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It's a shame really, all of this was obviously raised when he got in but an election seemed so long away it wasn't as much of a concern, and the direction the labour party took from there shaking off the last of the blairite image and capturing the enthusiasm of the youth was a great move. I think it would have been a good move to carry that on after they did pretty shit (despite how they painted it) in the last election with a new leader that could continue that manifesto and energy without the baggage of Corbyn. 

15 minutes ago, stuie said:

Comparing the voting records of Jez and Boris, it's not hard to decide who is the better human being.

That's pretty much just your (and my) personal political opinion, tho. It's a bit more complicated when it comes to Jez.

For example, lots of people had family and friends in the forces who served in Northern Ireland (army was much bigger back then, too), or knew people caught up in bombings, or their town was bombed, etc, etc - and so Jez's 'support' for the IRA comes out as him supporting the people who were trying to murder - or did murder - their son/friend.

While it's possible to say Jez's 'support' was something different, it's hardly a surprise that some people see it as him supporting murderers and feel exceedingly strongly about it. 

Edited by eFestivals

Don’t remember BJ or jezza being in the running for headliner 2020, came here to escape tomorrows choice between a metaphorical punch in the face or a kick in the meat and 2 veg. Please someone tell me how macca’s voice isn’t what it used to be so we can return to normal.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ModBoy said:

However when it comes to Kendrick, once again I have had him on shuffle but only found 2 songs I like, which not knowing a lot about Kendrick I believe are 2 of his bigger songs King Kunta and Swimming Pools? Whether I need more time to get into I don't know, but will continue to listen to him. One thing I have thought though is after looking at liver performances of both artists, I don't see the appeal of Kendrick Live and haven't watched one which I thought looked good, am I missing something, maybe its because I don't listen to rap/hip hop at all really and have never been to any gigs of a rap or hip hop artists but I can't see what makes it good live...does anyone care to share, I am open to suggestions of songs and live performances to watch to try change my mind, and if that doesn't work I guess I will have to realise it's just not for me

Listening to random songs on shuffle is the  worst Possible way to listen to Kendric for the first few times . His albums are stories told beginning to end . Engage with them and you be will be rewarded. 

once you’ve done that, then you can shuffle all you want.  He has a message running through all his albums. 

1 minute ago, TiZuff said:

Listening to random songs on shuffle is the  worst Possible way to listen to Kendric for the first few times . His albums are stories told beginning to end . Engage with them and you be will be rewarded. 

once you’ve done that, then you can shuffle all you want.  He has a message running through all his albums. 

Cheers, I will give this a try instead, see if the story he tells can get me hooked

5 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Cheers, I will give this a try instead, see if the story he tells can get me hooked

Get up rap genius .com and follow the story if you struggle with hip hop speed. Did this for my partner and she became an instant fan 

Edited by TiZuff