2020 headliners

jj200

43 minutes ago, AGD said:

Damon Albarn, rather than Thom Yorke?

Edit: just read back and a few others have suggested the same. Don't really see TY as a WH act. Would be pleased to be wrong though. 

Same kind of booking as James Blake really. Not your typical WH headliner but with the light show/electronics I can totally see it working. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Thom Yorke/Macca clash would be brutal. I think Thom on the Sunday against Swift makes the most sense

I think going against all three headliners 'makes sense', there's no overly obvious conflict of crowd interest, tbh, just personal preference at this stage innit.

46 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

I agree but maybe that's the plan, to split the crowd a bit?  I am still hoping for Thom Sunday on the Park 

I can’t see why that would split the McCartney crowd. The only crowd Thommy boy is going to split is his own; between the fans who like his solo stuff and the Radiohead fans who quickly and devastatingly realise they don’t.

6 hours ago, Cream Soda said:

I agree but maybe that's the plan, to split the crowd a bit?  I am still hoping for Thom Sunday on the Park 

Crowd isnt going to camp out for yorke all day and not see a beatle, plus miss the biggest sing along of the weekend. This isnt Atoms for Peace so the audience is going to have to be sure they wanna see his current show and not think they picked wrong. And yeah, against macca it seems not the best clash either if the goal was to split an audience up.

My reading is that Thom Yorke is the easy one, the "one has graced the pyramid a few times but not in this form" one

But "The other one is definitely the best, wouldn't be out of place on a Sunday afternoon on the pyramid" as a West Holts headliner sounds to me more of a Nile Rogers / Chic thing. He's played both slots already in recent years, of course - but it's a helluva party booking for the 50th all the same!

So guys, I just spoke to Ryan McMahon from inhaler and I said I knew the Glastonbury headliners - I then said it is (Kendrick for the Friday, Macca (confirmed) for the Saturday and Taylor swift for the Sunday. He then said yeah that’s right - the lineup for the festival is insane this year and then we had a chat for about an hour??

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, billum said:

My reading is that Thom Yorke is the easy one, the "one has graced the pyramid a few times but not in this form" one

But "The other one is definitely the best, wouldn't be out of place on a Sunday afternoon on the pyramid" as a West Holts headliner sounds to me more of a Nile Rogers / Chic thing. He's played both slots already in recent years, of course - but it's a helluva party booking for the 50th all the same!

Cant see Chic returning so soon. It may well be a similar 70's band though. Isley brothers hopefully

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, itskianwild said:

So guys, I just spoke to Ryan McMahon from inhaler and I said I knew the Glastonbury headliners - I then said it is (Kendrick for the Friday, Macca (confirmed) for the Saturday and Taylor swift for the Sunday. He then said yeah that’s right - the lineup for the festival is insane this year and then we had a chat for about an hour??

Any mention of other acts playing?

24 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Madonna on the third row :lol:

Yeah... she wouldn't stand for that.

There would definitely be some Janet style editing going on like...

Capture.JPG

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 1