2020 headliners

jj200

20 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Now, I have nothing against The Specials, and would happily watch them in a nice afternoon slot, but the latter seems to fit more the definition of "go off" and merits the excitement of the OP! I remember there was some chat about Santana on here before, but can't remember why? Was it just because of the European dates or was there more info than that?

Someone mentioned Santana, then about 10 days later, European dates popped up which didnt suit. There must have been something in that though?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

22 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

She was absolutely sublime and mesmerising on Jools Holland show a few weeks ago. Must be on for Glastonbury next year. 

I'd be so shocked if she isn't there. Fits the bill in every descendible way.

Hope she's on an evening slot in WH/JP rather than a day slot on Other.

6 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I'd be so shocked if she isn't there. Fits the bill in every descendible way.

Hope she's on an evening slot in WH/JP rather than a day slot on Other.

Only way Twigs would end up with a day time set is if she was in JP. Her current production pretty much needs it to be dark. So its that or a night slot on WH.  Ive seen her in a tent in the daytime before, but it wasnt a visual dependent performance and tour at the time that required it to be night time. 

On 12/7/2019 at 11:00 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Ok, one has graced the pyramid a few times but not in this form. One could grace the pyramid and it would go off. 

That first bit makes me think of Noel Gallagher, but that would be an odd West Holts act

Dunno if Twigs would be back on WH - if not, my preference would be her topping the Park, which I think would be an amazing fit, but will almost certainly be clashtastic, so a JPT daytime set might be the best bet.

Also liking your logic here FF, gotta be Thom (hopefully on the Saturday... )

Edited by Tuna

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Dunno if Twigs would be back on WH - if not, my preference would be her topping the Park, which I think would be an amazing fit, but will almost certainly be clashtastic, so a JPT daytime set might be the best bet.

Would Twigs not headline the John Peel these days? Pretty big deal now and only about to get bigger.

On 12/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I can neither confirm or deny what you’ve said. One of them isn’t worth worrying about. The other one is definitely the best, wouldn't be out of place on a Sunday afternoon on the pyramid.

Crowded House for the 'wouldn't be out of place on a Sunday afternoon on the pyramid"????

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tuna said:

Thom Yorke/Macca clash would be brutal. I think Thom on the Sunday against Swift makes the most sense

On 12/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, FloorFiller said:

So Thom Yorke for the first. Not a clue for the second.

Damon Albarn, rather than Thom Yorke?

Edit: just read back and a few others have suggested the same. Don't really see TY as a WH act. Would be pleased to be wrong though. 

Edited by AGD
Update