2020 headliners

jj200

42 minutes ago, C14S said:

God I was just sharing something that was quite funny no need to analyse in depth the shit i said with it jesus get a life dude

I just didn't get it. It wasn't obvious unless you're a Swifty. I was asking a question with no malice as you'd see if you read on. I wasn't the person who said it was a shit joke. Maybe you should have a go at them before you come on having a strop at me. 

15 hours ago, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year? Kinda makes Glastonbury ‘just another festival’ in what is supposed to be a big year for it. Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

the "non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum" don't have a fucking clue who is headlining some festival in Belgium or Spain that they've never heard of. people barely even know who's headlining festivals in this country.

Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, Aerosmith, Kendrick Lamar and a whole bunch of other acts in there too??

For those worried that the lineup wouldn’t be special enough for the 50th, how do you feel now? It’s setting itself up to be one of the strongest lineups of all time!

70508E9D-27F3-4249-80B1-5977C4FA872A.gif

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Yeah, youre missing names as mentioned before. And where is Yusuf Islam ( cat stevens ) , david gray and camila cabello. Youre also billing halsey much too low. Its as if she hasnt changed her stature in 3 years. Wilco would feel like a park stage act than other, same as phoebe bridgers. Is the other stage going to be ultra folk indie for one day or something?

Has Cat Stevens been mentioned as possible? This would make my life. Nothing I can Google brings up any rumours for this year though. 

I don't even know who he is tbh lads

A guy in work who's got tickets for the first time just come up to me with steam coming out of his ears and thrust his phone with that Aerosmith screenshot on it. Starting getting all animated about how he's been trying to get tickets for years and when he finally does the headliners are all daft old men. I reassured him that we got Kenny and Taylor and pointed out it's same day as Paul McCartney and he settled down and went away.

28 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I don't even know who he is tbh lads

A guy in work who's got tickets for the first time just come up to me with steam coming out of his ears and thrust his phone with that Aerosmith screenshot on it. Starting getting all animated about how he's been trying to get tickets for years and when he finally does the headliners are all daft old men. I reassured him that we got Kenny and Taylor and pointed out it's same day as Paul McCartney and he settled down and went away.

Tell him he doesn't have to pay for the final amount of the ticket and he can put it back into the resale pool if he is no longer keen on going!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Nope. Same as every year, It sells out before the line up drops. Its not about the line up and especially not about the headliners. It'll never be 'just another festival'.

A 600 page headliners thread in December begs to differ with you. Although I agree, it isn’t about the headliners. 

my point is if Glastonbury repeatedly has the same headliners as every other festival then it will turn into just another festival, at least in the eyes of joe public. 

which I guess isn’t necessarily a bad thing, anything that reduces demand on t day can only be a good thing. 

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

A 600 page headliners thread in December begs to differ with you. Although I agree, it isn’t about the headliners. 

my point is if Glastonbury repeatedly has the same headliners as every other festival then it will turn into just another festival, at least in the eyes of joe public. 

which I guess isn’t necessarily a bad thing, anything that reduces demand on t day can only be a good thing. 

We're a very, very small % of the crowd. The headliner thread is fun to speculate. Last year i probably posted in it a 100 times. Didnt see a single pyramid headliner. 

11 minutes ago, Smeble said:

But Glasto doesn’t have the same headliners as every other festival? Do you expect Glastonbury’s headliners to play glasto for free and not do anything else in Europe? They have to make some money you know.

Also sharing headliners with BST is nothing major. It’s probably the reason why the glasto headliners are doing it - so that their performance is economically sustainable as they get a payday.

You’re worrying about something that is not a real issue and your expectations are unrealistic.

Edited by Matt42

8 minutes ago, Smeble said:

"The public", in the UK at least, don't generally know or care who's headlining Pinkpop or Werchter. Why do you think it's suddenly going to become a problem now?