2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year?

Not in the slightest.

Just now, Smeble said:

Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

You mean all of those non Glastonbury obsessives who are paying close attention to who gets booked at the hundreds of festivals on the continent? I'm not too fussed what he thinks.

33 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year? Kinda makes Glastonbury ‘just another festival’ in what is supposed to be a big year for it. Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

Nope. Same as every year, It sells out before the line up drops. Its not about the line up and especially not about the headliners. It'll never be 'just another festival'.

36 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year? Kinda makes Glastonbury ‘just another festival’ in what is supposed to be a big year for it. Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.

as a non ticket holder I couldnt care less if Emily was up on that stage playing a triangle ... or the worthy farm cows .... when I do get a ticket it will make not a jot of difference that some of the acts will also be enjoyed by others elsewhere ... it won't stop me singing or dancing badly because somewhere that has been done by someone else the same month .... as for the big year it hopefully means that they are still sustainable for the future and can donate the large amounts to charity again .... just another festival nah ... its the people I meet that that does it for me and ive not yet met anyone that performs on the big pointy thing :) 

2 hours ago, Guy M said:

Snow Patrol were due to play in a similar position last year and they were down as headliners for latitude and are headlining Isle of Wight this year 

Lewis Capaldi is huge right now whereas Snow Patrol haven't been huge since about 2007.

19 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

as a non ticket holder I couldnt care less if Emily was up on that stage playing a triangle ... or the worthy farm cows .... when I do get a ticket it will make not a jot of difference that some of the acts will also be enjoyed by others elsewhere ... it won't stop me singing or dancing badly because somewhere that has been done by someone else the same month .... as for the big year it hopefully means that they are still sustainable for the future and can donate the large amounts to charity again .... just another festival nah ... its the people I meet that that does it for me and ive not yet met anyone that performs on the big pointy thing :) 

A day I'm looking forward to almost as much as the line up drop is the day you post saying your ticket is secured. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

what do we think about The Weeknd headlining the other against Macca? new music coming out and an album on the way and no doubt a tour over this side of the pond too

I had the same prediction, but — as @Matt42 says — he was booked in 2013 and pulled out. I think once your relationship with Michael Eavis is soured, that's it.

9 minutes ago, sophiemarie said:

I had the same prediction, but — as @Matt42 says — he was booked in 2013 and pulled out. I think once your relationship with Michael Eavis is soured, that's it.

well hopefully something has happened over the last seven years to rectify that, i imagine he'll also be doing Wireless the weekend after so would make sense for him to be at Glastonbury, i'm sure plenty of artists have had to pull out in the past and played another year

10 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I wouldn’t really call Florence a “pop” act in the same sense as Perry, Lipa, et al.

In the same vein, Perry you be put into a bit of a novelty act slot. She is pop but I wouldn't class her the same as Lipa for example imo as I think she can some fun tunes for the moment and now it's kind of passed. The one that got away is the only one that I'd say has been a bit more than a fun song. 

7 hours ago, Guy M said:

long time lurker - what are your thoughts on this prediction?

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

One thing that jumped out at me about this is that Charli XCX most likely wouldn't clash with Haim as they're pals that work with each other. I'd say it might be more likely for Charli to play the Pyramid in the slot you have Kiwanuka in

2 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

well hopefully something has happened over the last seven years to rectify that, i imagine he'll also be doing Wireless the weekend after so would make sense for him to be at Glastonbury, i'm sure plenty of artists have had to pull out in the past and played another year

I don’t think international festival headliner the weeknd will bother with Glastonbury if it means he won’t be centre stage.

also he pulled out because he cba to play. It wasn’t because of any external issues or  reasons.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t think international festival headliner the weeknd will bother with Glastonbury if it means he won’t be centre stage.

also he pulled out because he cba to play. It wasn’t because of any external issues or  reasons.

Just because he didn't disclose reasons for pulling out doesn't mean he couldn't be arsed. Don't twist the situation to fit your narrative.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Guy M said:

long time lurker - what are your thoughts on this prediction?

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

Yeah, youre missing names as mentioned before. And where is Yusuf Islam ( cat stevens ) , david gray and camila cabello. Youre also billing halsey much too low. Its as if she hasnt changed her stature in 3 years. Wilco would feel like a park stage act than other, same as phoebe bridgers. Is the other stage going to be ultra folk indie for one day or something?