2020 headliners

jj200

48 minutes ago, Guy M said:

long time lurker - what are your thoughts on this prediction?

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

Other is missing a dance act headliner.  I think it could be Underworld - can't see them playing JP.   I don't think Capaldi with play 4th down Other, he'll be on the Pyramid.  Greta Thunberg will only appear via video messaging. 

19 minutes ago, whitewinston said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Drake is too expensive but someone like Kendrick wouldn't be?

They both (along with probably nearly every headliner in the past 20 years) would be too expensive at their normal asking price.

So when people question if an act is too expensive, it's more about whether the artist is willing to reduce their fees and by how much. Maybe there's just a perception that Drake is less likely to do so?

53 minutes ago, whitewinston said:

Can someone explain to me why everyone thinks Drake is too expensive but someone like Kendrick wouldn't be?

They’re both completely different artists. Drake is generally focussed on commercial success while Kendrick is more about albums and artistic statements.

27 minutes ago, incident said:

They both (along with probably nearly every headliner in the past 20 years) would be too expensive at their normal asking price.

So when people question if an act is too expensive, it's more about whether the artist is willing to reduce their fees and by how much. Maybe there's just a perception that Drake is less likely to do so?

Considering Drake and Kendrick on the same level though is incredibly short sighted though. Drake is miles bigger than Kendrick in terms of sales in pretty much every metric.

Kendrick is big but he’s bigger in the critical acclaim realm. He can sell pretty well but Drake is like the Ed Sheeran of hip hop/ rap. Drake is much less likely to reduce his fee because everything he does is about the money and growing his brand.

I think Drake will headline one year, but the reason why Kendrick is headlining first is probably because Drake’s management don’t feel the need for an ‘exposure show’.

1 hour ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I don’t like the Kendrick Lamar vs Foals vs FKA Twigs clash!

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Considering Drake and Kendrick on the same level though is incredibly short sighted though. Drake is miles bigger than Kendrick in terms of sales in pretty much every metric.

Kendrick is big but he’s bigger in the critical acclaim realm. He can sell pretty well but Drake is like the Ed Sheeran of hip hop/ rap. Drake is much less likely to reduce his fee because everything he does is about the money and growing his brand.

I think Drake will headline one year, but the reason why Kendrick is headlining first is probably because Drake’s management don’t feel the need for an ‘exposure show’.

I would love to see Idles back at the farm for 2020.

Both Kendrick and Drake have headlined Coachella. They were both probably paid a lot to do it.

Kendrick made the most of his set and brought an entire production.

Drake had no production and was on stage alone. The show was criticised for feeling very phoned in.

I think Drake doesn’t really care about putting on a show. He played Coachella because they paid him. Kendrick on the other hand used it as an opportunity to do something cool.

1 hour ago, Guy M said:

long time lurker - what are your thoughts on this prediction?

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

Swap LDR out  put Dua Lipa in, then Capaldi in for Dua Lipa. Ian Brown over to The Other for Capaldi.

cant see Noel subbing Kendrick either, would be a big exodus I think.

Other than that I think thats not a bad shout.

1 hour ago, ClementsMike said:

Emilie Sande? 

Id be billing Fontaines DC higher, and The Specials for sure ... maybe a high West Holts spot?

Ian Brown under the Libs? Tough call there.

Missing some names I reckon - Snow Patrol, Lightning Seeds, Isley Brothers .... 

Was thinking that Fontaines could play a similar sunset park slot akin to idles last year 

The Specials idea was a play on Blondie's opening other stage performance in 2014 so i don't think it's entirely out of the question

4 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

If so then who was the first to call all 3?

Probably the guy who came with the info of Kendrick, Swift, Noel and Aerosmith (with the assumption of Macca), or somebody not long after him. My memory's shite so can't remember if they were getting talked about before that as a trio.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Probably the guy who came with the info of Kendrick, Swift, Noel and Aerosmith (with the assumption of Macca), or somebody not long after him. My memory's shite so can't remember if they were getting talked about before that as a trio.

Was it just the 4 acts he listed? Can’t remember myself

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

Was it just the 4 acts he listed? Can’t remember myself

My memory is it was just the 4 acts with the additional guess of the Saturday being Macca, but I could well be wrong on that and I'm sure somebody better at sleuthing than me will be able to pull up what was actually said.

Does anyone care that 2 of Glastonbury headliners are between them headlining pretty much every festival in Europe this year? Kinda makes Glastonbury ‘just another festival’ in what is supposed to be a big year for it. Certainly in the eyes of non Glastonbury obsessives away from this forum.