2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

2019 Lauren Hill

2017 Run the Jewels (albeit on the Saturday) 

2016 Skepta

2015 Mary J Blige

2014 De La Soul

2013 Professor Green

etc

Ah. I just looked back the past three years and didn't see the pattern. 

Just now, jparx said:

Ah. I just looked back the past three years and didn't see the pattern. 

Yeah it’s a bit of a loose pattern (RTJ probably being Saturday due to scheduling. MJB not exactly outright hip hop etc) but the intention is definitely there to get an act of that ilk on the Pyramid yearly. 

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Interesting article on Cabello on BBC today. For someone like me who doesn't really know anything about her it's a good read.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-50588529

I've noticed these kind of articles popping up a lot in the 'news' section of the BBC. It's not news at all, and seems a pretty decent bit of promotion for the artists involved.

I've nothing against Cabello at all, although after seeing her at IOW last year, not really my bag. I read a recent one on YUNGBLUD though... I came away hating literally everything about him.

• Upvote 1

Are all of you attending happy that the three headliners seem all but confirmed (obviously Macca is confirmed) or would you have rather have had more speculation over the coming months in the build up to the festival?

I've never been nor stalked these forums before but from what I gather the 3 headliners are rarely as confidently predicted in November/December in previous years.

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Are all of you attending happy that the three headliners seem all but confirmed (obviously Macca is confirmed) or would you have rather have had more speculation over the coming months in the build up to the festival?

I've never been nor stalked these forums before but from what I gather the 3 headliners are rarely as confidently predicted in November/December in previous years.

Those who want more speculation are just those who don’t like the headliners. I want them confirmed so I can relax watching everyone scramble for BST tickets.

Also I raise you 2016 where the daily mail said Muse, Adele, Coldplay in November. We didn’t believe them but they were right.

Edited by Matt42

36 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Yeah, I'd have liked a bit more speculation personally but that's just because I like the not knowing. Adds to the build up.

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Those who want more speculation are just those who don’t like the headliners

Yawn.

17 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No c**t I speak to IRL seems to know Cami and it's a crime. And before you reply "ok boomer" I'll have you know that some of my friends are as young as 24.

Mrs Q was quite surprised to find her album in my playlists last year. Won't claim to have listened to it a huge amount, but seems pretty cool. One of those that I wouldn't make a beeline for but would probably stop and catch some jams on a sunny afternoon.

Just now, Quark said:

Yeah, I'd have liked a bit more speculation personally but that's just because I like the not knowing. Adds to the build up.

I think I would be the same, one of the reasons I have enjoyed this forum so much without tickets is the investigatory work carried out by some on here!

44 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I'm hoping for a big twist where Taylor or Kenny get ruled out and its game on again. Part of the fun which is over too soon this time I reckon.

That said, its fun watching other gig/festival announcements and guessing who else will be there. None of the Other Headliners are worked out at all yet.

25 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Would love Banks from that lolla lineup too, The Altar is a great pop album imo (it drops off a bit in the second half but the first run is amazing)

This x1000 please.

I am sure if Camilla Cabello and Dua Lipa both wanted to play (although I guess it depends if all acts invited or are lower card acts just presented as "touring" by agents to Glastonbury bookers for selection?) they'd both be snapped up. As a British female success story who played JP years ago (saw her at my last Glastonbury in fact) Dua Lipa is a dead cert, but doubt they'd pass at the prospect of booking an act of the calibre of Cabello (helping out the gender balance issue too). Rather them than sodding Lewis Capaldi. 

19 minutes ago, Guy M said:

long time lurker - what are your thoughts on this prediction?

image.png.12db7dca4b9eee069f51bf8f3400bc11.png

Emilie Sande? 

Id be billing Fontaines DC higher, and The Specials for sure ... maybe a high West Holts spot?

Ian Brown under the Libs? Tough call there.

Missing some names I reckon - Snow Patrol, Lightning Seeds, Isley Brothers .... 

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Is Lana actually confirmed to be doing any shows in Europe this summer? Can’t see any dates beyond her spring tour

I've had the exact same thought this afternoon as I haven't noticed her on any of the big lineup releases. Through a little googling I saw something to suggest she is at "We Love Green" festival in France on 6th June, but I can't find anything aside from that.