2020 headliners

jj200

2 hours ago, northernringo said:

I still don't see how that makes it genius to be honest

it's not.

it's an advertising company that puts them up (Global, their logo is there on it), who will have a contract from the record label to just put them all over the place on advertising spaces that they own.

https://outdoor.global.com/uk/our-products/rail/tfl-rail-estate/london-underground-advertising

it's funny that it's next to Kanye's, but that's about it.

17 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's not.

it's an advertising company that puts them up (Global, their logo is there on it), who will have a contract from the record label to just put them all over the place on advertising spaces that they own.

https://outdoor.global.com/uk/our-products/rail/tfl-rail-estate/london-underground-advertising

it's funny that it's next to Kanye's, but that's about it.

Of course it's not but I assumed it was a joke that purposely overlooked this, as well as the obvious fact that Taylor Swift isn't doing this stuff herself, in order to make a reference to the Kanye vs Taylor feud and portray her as genius. The joke would have worked if it was clear to all how positioning it there would have been clever, (assume the angle was to take attention away from her nemesis' album) even if she had decided to do it.

On 12/3/2019 at 1:28 PM, Rubber Soldier said:

Personally, I would’ve liked to see Wolf Alice given a chance to headline. For the undersea? Take your pick from ; Alvvays, Hinds, Savages, The Beths, The Big Moon, Girl Ray, Pip Blom, Gurr, Honeyblood, Haim,  Sunflower Bean, Amyl & the Sniffers, The Orielles, Mattiel, SOAK. Now obviously I’m not claiming all these bands would be big enough or shift shift enough tickets, but there’s an embarrassment of riches out there in terms of female fronted or all female bands making great music, for Ellis to claim otherwise shows just shows he’s not interested in 50/50 booking, he’s only interested in money.  

Saw The Beths at PUkkelpop this summer, would love to see them again. Will have a listen to some of the others, cheers.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Maybe not hate, but possibly jealous of its profile, history, ethos, media coverage, ticket sales and ability to spring surprises.  Mention festivals anywhere in the world and Glastonbury is the first name that comes to mind. Wear a glasto t shirt anywhere in the world and someone will talk to you about it. Other festivals and events can imitate it but never replace it. 

I have actually tried this t-shirt thing and it isnt true. I got zero responses in various places in India - my colleagues didnt know what I was on about and when I explained considered it quite a small festival. My US colleagues had never heard of it either..<I know - get new colleagues>

1 minute ago, giantkatestacks said:

I have actually tried this t-shirt thing and it isnt true. I got zero responses in various places in India - my colleagues didnt know what I was on about and when I explained considered it quite a small festival. My US colleagues had never heard of it either..<I know - get new colleagues>

I think the 64% of us citizens without a passport might make a difference on that score ? although the internet does exist of course 

9 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:

They do festivals much bigger in India than we do here, this year's Kumbh Mela lasted a month and had an attendance of 120 million!

1 hour ago, giantkatestacks said:

Get new colleagues!  Mine was well noticed in Hobbiton when we visited New Zealand!  Even met someone with the same years t shirt on! 

What's everyones thoughts on Drake?? I've taken him in a work sweepstake to headline so trying to figure out his chances? 

He's been vocal in the past about Glastonbury. Particularly with Stormzy last year and he does seems pretty clued up on British culture so imagine he would be interested in playing. New material on the way and he has worked with a lot of the big guns of UK grime on the Top Boy soundtrack this year.

Has there been any red flags or would money be the biggest issue?