2020 headliners

jj200

20 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Glasto chat is a collection of people who go to Glastonbury but probably don’t enjoy themselves when they are there. 

too many people like this

”TRNSMT have got Courtneers, Liam Gallagher and Ian Brown and Glastonbury have Kendrick Lemar and Taylor Swift ??? refund please!!”

I know we're  a bit obsessive here but its people who clearly aren't following even the basics of who's going to headline.  "It's going to be Elton John" "I  hope it's AC/DC"...  No.  Just No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s cool. She’ll read it on here herself.

I often wonder how much they read efestivals.  They could even be regular posters for all we know! 

Maybe @jimbarkanoodle is really Michael taking the piss?

• Downvote 1

On 11/22/2019 at 8:14 AM, Mouseboy11 said:

Faith No More in Europe mid June according to someone in the Primavera thread, rock slot?

They are. They've actually confirmed for a few festivals in Europe (most with Deftones) leaving Saturday the only free day. I would LOVE FNM to play Glasto but suspect they won't. Saw them couple of years ago at Roundhouse and they are still banging.

Couple more unreal performances by my boi Kenny 

58th Grammys Performance, spectacular - https://streamable.com/2mos

Stephen Colbert Talk Show - He remixes some of his songs to make this! https://streamable.com/tm1p

What I love about him,  is that he's always doing something interesting, new and different compared to his contemporaries. 

Edited by GrooveCity

9 minutes ago, GrooveCity said:

Couple more unreal performances by my boi Kenny 

58th Grammys Performance, spectacular - https://streamable.com/2mos

Stephen Colbert Talk Show - He remixes some of his songs to make this! https://streamable.com/tm1p

That Grammy performance was what made me listen to his albums. Would be sensational on the Pyramid!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Harry49 said:

That Grammy performance was what made me listen to his albums. Would be sensational on the Pyramid!

Honestly, it's performances like that which show that he really is the greatest rapper/hip hop act out there right now.

Also during his TPAB era, all his live shows used songs we never heard him sing before. It really felt like he had genius in his back pocket. Then thankfully he took those unreleased songs for Untitled Unmastered. 

Edited by GrooveCity

48 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So I really want to get into Kendrick and given DAMN a food few listens but I would be at other without a doubt I'd it was PSB. Am I wasting time getting into kendrick when main reason is so I enjoy his set more? Don't want to be kn awe of him and make a PSB clash even worse!

I think not getting into a really great artist because he might clash with the Pet Shop Boys is pretty flimsy reasoning. Give TPAB and GKMC a listen in full because they're great albums and you need to hear them.

Neither Kendrick or PSBs are confirmed and a clash definitely isn't.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

So I really want to get into Kendrick and given DAMN a food few listens but I would be at other without a doubt I'd it was PSB. Am I wasting time getting into kendrick when main reason is so I enjoy his set more? Don't want to be kn awe of him and make a PSB clash even worse!

I'd rank DAMN as comfortably his worst album, and definitely not the place to start.

10 hours ago, chazwwe said:

I agree Pet Shop Boys wouldn't get the biggest crowd I think they're in a very weird space right now. Would John Peel be too small for them? 

In theory yes, but I dunno. It’s most likely  down to my age/demographic, but I can’t help but feel I know infinitely more people who’d be interested in seeing The Streets than PSB. I’m aware it’s not that simple though.