2020 headliners

jj200

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Holding out hope they’ll be a Pyramid sub rather than Other headliner.

No thanks.  Feel for anyone missing out, but I want to be getting my electro bop on in a proper nighttime slot while everyone else is doing their hipping-and-a-hopping over on the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Quark said:

No thanks.  Feel for anyone missing out, but I want to be getting my electro bop on in a proper nighttime slot while everyone else is doing their hipping-and-a-hopping over on the Pyramid.

Me too. I'm not a fan of Kendrick Lamar's music and I am a fan of Pet Shop Boys music so selfishly that'd be ideal for me. 

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Would you describe PSB as a potential pyramid headliner though? Feel like they dont fit Emilys comments on the other headliners this year.

Those comments definitely need to be taken with a pinch of salt imo.

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Would you describe PSB as a potential pyramid headliner though? Feel like they dont fit Emilys comments on the other headliners this year.

Did she say that all of the Other headliners could be Pyramid headliners? Or that they were looking at kind-of-pyramid-headliners?

I didn't hear the comments (and won't lie I can't be arsed to go find 'em) so I don't know how absolute they were about it.  Also, Eavii have been known to stretch the truth somewhat over the years :D

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

I’m sure at least one of the three Other headliners will just be the exact type of act we’ve come to expect from a Other headliner, and the other two only slightly bigger. 

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Holding out hope they’ll be a Pyramid sub rather than Other headliner.

Think I read somewhere on here not too long ago they only play in the dark from now on, so if true I couldn't see Pyramid sub. You must choose

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

are PSB really Other headliner level? Underworld headlined WH, and I wouldn't have thought people care much more about PSB than them these days?

New Order headlined the Other and the field was at best 1/3rd full.

Probably because the Pyramid headliner is one of the highest selling artists of the 21st century? 

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

are PSB really Other headliner level?

Yep.

Underworld headlined WH, and I wouldn't have thought people care much more about PSB than them these days?

I'd say that PSB have far, far more popular and recognisable songs. Certainly when you're talking about the mainstream.

New Order headlined the Other and the field was at best 1/3rd full.

Adele was on the Pyramid.

• Upvote 1

I guess I just don't know anyone who actually cares about PSB these days.

Maybe 20 years ago, but I'd imagine most people didn't even know they were still around until The Killers brought them on for a novelty cameo.

re: New Order, fair enough, but they'd hardly have had a massive crowd if they were just up against a standard headliner either.

If PSB headline the Other, I'm pretty confident it'll be a fairly sparse crowd, regardless of whether it's Kenny/Macca/Taylor they're up against.