2020 headliners

jj200

43 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I know, i was looking forward to that quiche. And don’t get me started on the bastard who tipped over my Cabernet Sauvignon!

My bad, I do have rather large clumpers. At least half that quiche was still edible though, stop yer whining :D

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Complaining, no. Although clearly the way I do the festival is the right way ;)

My only complaints in this context are:

1. People who bitch about the quality of the while thing based solely on what's on 1 stage, quite possibly because it's the only one they go to; and

2. Those who camp all day at the Pyramid (as is their right I might add) and believe that gives them some kind of territorial squatters' rights to leave their camping chair and blanket set up on the middle of the crowd when it starts packing out as evening falls, and get really pissy when you stand on a quiche in the darkness :D

Totally agree, everyone does their own festival, and that’s the way it should be but taking up a prime position in the pyramid or any other field for that matter and then spreading out rugs, chairs and those blow up loungers is inconsiderate. Not a problem early on but then  leaving them and going off for a pish and food as the field is filling up for the main acts just causes problems. That’s when the chairs and rugs need folded up and the litter accumulated by them put in a bag. Isn’t fun negotiating your way through a minefield of cans, half eaten pizzas, food containers, puke sometimes  left by the all day campers. 

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

If your body is telling you to stop, then stop. It's not big or clever to hurt yourself or push yourself. If you want to jack it in for the night, then do. Don't do anything you don't want to. Look after yourself & anyone else who needs it. 

Completely agree with this. A couple of our friends arrived on Thursday so I wanted to stay up on a late on with them as we have done in previous years. I had about 2-3 hours sleep the night before due to going a bit too hard on Wednesday (I’ll never learn).

I found myself walking around with them but not really involving myself, almost in some trance. I was so tired and fighting the urge to sleep. 

Gave up the fight about 1am and I don’t mind saying I’m glad I did. I woke up Friday feeling completely fresh again which I have no doubts helped me to enjoy the last 3 days!