2020 headliners

jj200

20 minutes ago, stuie said:

There's no way I could get to sleep knowing that's all going on out there! 

I don't understand what the point is going to bed at midnight to be up and ready for 8am - when there's sod all going on for a few hours anyway!

I've nearly messed up and not made it to my shifts because I haven't been able to drag myself away at a reasonable time too.

I give up when my body gives up ... usually 3- 3.30 am these days ... as I dont take any extra pick me ups  onboard only alcohol ... up by 8am as I just cant lie in in a tent ... once I wake im usually up and moseying about :) 

Careful making assumptions about others. I've been to bed shortly after a headliner before, but it was because I didn't go to bed the previous night. 

And even if that wasn't the case, as you get older you find you can't get by on 2 hours sleep for 5 successive days. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, uscore said:

Careful making assumptions about others. I've been to bed shortly after a headliner before, but it was because I didn't go to bed the previous night. 

And even if that wasn't the case, as you get older you find you can't get by on 2 hours sleep for 5 successive days. 

I'm 40 next year and I can still manage it, but it's not pretty when I get home.

Also, judging by the amount of people that leave PGB after the headliners, if these people didn't go to bed then the SE Corner and The Park would be completely rammed.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I'm 40 next year and I can still manage it, but it's not pretty when I get home.

Also, judging by the amount of people that leave PGB after the headliners, if these people didn't go to bed then the SE Corner and The Park would be completely rammed.

respect :) 

At Boomtown this year I had a bit (well quite a lot) of a panic attack on the Friday afternoon after 2 nights, no sleep & whizzing my tits off.

Never had anything like it. The only thing that could sort me out was sleep, but I had no chance due to what I'd been up to.

I spent 2 hours walking around a campsite out of the way of people & music. Then, heading back to the tent, for a rest. I am 35 & never had an experience like it. I made sure I got more sleep for the next 2 nights & had a great festival

I should have grown out of that, and maybe the experience has changed me. I will be honest, I am a bit nervous about 5 more nights on the bounce in a field. I have been out since & not done the afters. It's been home to sleep.

If your body is telling you to stop, then stop. It's not big or clever to hurt yourself or push yourself. If you want to jack it in for the night, then do. Don't do anything you don't want to. Look after yourself & anyone else who needs it. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, jparx said:

I don't see any issue with parking yourself at the Pyramid all weekend. It's not how I choose to enjoy the festival, but each to their own. You'd catch a pretty diverse range of acts if you only went to that stage and I'd imagine for families it's easy to just base yourselves there.

Each to their own. That's the beauty of the festival.

2016 i was at the Pyramid for the majority of it as it was such a slog to get about. Thoroughly enjoyed myself 

11 minutes ago, pryce said:

Are we now complaining about how others might want to spend their festival? Or are people showing off that they do festivals the best way and people who enjoy other festivals are beneath them? 

I don't think anyone is complaining just confused as its so different to how they and possibly their group do it. My original comment was just surprising for someone to spend 9+ hours at the same stage, while moving closer during the later evening acts because 'the pyramid is the main part of the festival' and then realising at 10pm you aren't a fan of Radiohead so go to sleep. 

15 minutes ago, pryce said:

Are we now complaining about how others might want to spend their festival? Or are people showing off that they do festivals the best way and people who enjoy other festivals are beneath them? 

I actually dont think we are at this point :) civilised discussion so far  as I can see ... 

22 minutes ago, pryce said:

Not all all, just a discussion. I think I even said each to their own before my post! 

And not showing off either... the opposite. At 39 I should have grown up and left the straight through crew. 

BUT... I have to get the most out of it because I know it’s at least a year until I’ll be back there, if I’m lucky 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, pryce said:

Complaining, no. Although clearly the way I do the festival is the right way ;)

My only complaints in this context are:

1. People who bitch about the quality of the while thing based solely on what's on 1 stage, quite possibly because it's the only one they go to; and

2. Those who camp all day at the Pyramid (as is their right I might add) and believe that gives them some kind of territorial squatters' rights to leave their camping chair and blanket set up on the middle of the crowd when it starts packing out as evening falls, and get really pissy when you stand on a quiche in the darkness :D

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

Complaining, no. Although clearly the way I do the festival is the right way ;)

My only complaints in this context are:

1. People who bitch about the quality of the while thing based solely on what's on 1 stage, quite possibly because it's the only one they go to; and

2. Those who camp all day at the Pyramid (as is their right I might add) and believe that gives them some kind of territorial squatters' rights to leave their camping chair and blanket set up on the middle of the crowd when it starts packing out as evening falls, and get really pissy when you stand on a quiche in the darkness :D

Scum, subhuman scum 

• Upvote 3