2020 headliners

jj200

18 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

There's a huge portion of the Glastonbury crowd that will see every headliner on the Pyramid stage and then go on twitter/facebook (glasto chat im looking at you) and complain they didn't know many songs and weren't great. Its the exact same as people who complain 'I've never been and I'm glad I haven't' that I saw when Macca was announced. 

These are my favourite comments every year. Glad they didn't get a ticket due to one act. I'm always glad they didn't get a ticket either

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yeah these are usually the same people who voted leave because they wanted a blue passport etc 

Just general idiots then.

Got me thinking though and I just checked - all of the years I've been I've only seen one Pyramid headliner, apart from 2010 when I saw two and 2015 when I didn't see any.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Dirty Computer was all set to be her classic after the first two singles dropped. I thought she was gonna have the rise that Gambino eventually got. Headlining West Holts after subbing it at the start of the decade made a point of it not happening for her.

Careful now, recent events suggests that noticing an act isn't getting booked for the top gig with each successive record and extrapolating that it's likely they never will is a good way to get a huge dogpiling on here.

Just sayin

Glasto chat is a collection of people who go to Glastonbury but probably don’t enjoy themselves when they are there. 

too many people like this

”TRNSMT have got Courtneers, Liam Gallagher and Ian Brown and Glastonbury have Kendrick Lemar and Taylor Swift ??? refund please!!”

I don't see any issue with parking yourself at the Pyramid all weekend. It's not how I choose to enjoy the festival, but each to their own. You'd catch a pretty diverse range of acts if you only went to that stage and I'd imagine for families it's easy to just base yourselves there.

Each to their own. That's the beauty of the festival.

Just now, jparx said:

I don't see any issue with parking yourself at the Pyramid all weekend. It's not how I choose to enjoy the festival, but each to their own. You'd catch a pretty diverse range of acts if you only went to that stage and I'd imagine for families it's easy to just base yourselves there.

Each to their own. That's the beauty of the festival.

Absolutely, although it's something I couldn't fathom myself.

My annoyance tends to be with the weapons who seem to be incapable of looking beyond it, and complain about there not being anything they want to see when they haven't even considered the other stages.

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Glasto chat is a collection of people who go to Glastonbury but probably don’t enjoy themselves when they are there. 

”TRNSMT have got Courtneers, Liam Gallagher and Ian Brown and Glastonbury have Kendrick Lemar and Taylor Swift ??? refund please!!”

I was in that group but some of the comments made me more stressed than my actual job. ??

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

Absolutely, although it's something I couldn't fathom myself.

My annoyance tends to be with the weapons who seem to be incapable of looking beyond it, and complain about there not being anything they want to see when they haven't even considered the other stages.

Indeed.

Hard to imagine someone having that opinion if they've ever actually been to the festival, although I know people do. It's staggering how ignorant people can be. Ten billion acts on over the weekend but Taylor Swift is headlining so fuck this shit.

30 minutes ago, stuie said:

Is there?

Do they not realise there are many other stages?

Yup, In 2017 I was at Foo Fighters, 2nd row maybe? And there was a family just in front of me, 2 parents and a kid. about 9? Had been there the WHOLE day and were there the whole day on Friday and we got chatting and the guy said 'yeah we waited for Radiohead, got 3 songs in and left and went to bed, they were a bit shit' 

The dad loved Foo Fighters though, and had a proper good night with him. Spotted them as I walked past the stage early on Sunday just sitting on a blanket in the field. They've been going for about 5 years and do the exact same thing every year, they'll maybe go to see someone like Rag N Bone Man on the Other but thats it. I can imagine a fair few people do this. 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I hope they give their ticket up, the Courteeners, Ian Brown and Liam are all booked. So Glastonbury have them all. Just to annoy them further.

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

I was in that group but some of the comments made me more stressed than my actual job. ??

Leave it dude. Full of people that just want RHCP, Muse, Stone Roses every year until they die.

It makes me realise how festivals like Download, IOW etc survive by booking the same middle of the road bands every year. Because there are some incredibly conservative gig attendees.

conservative in the sense that they buy the same lineup annually and don’t really want that to change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Leave it dude. Full of people that just want RHCP, Muse, Stone Roses every year until they die.

It makes me realise how festivals like Download, IOW etc survive by booking the same middle of the road bands every year. Because there are some incredibly conservative gig attendees.

conservative in the sense that they buy the same lineup annually and don’t really want that to change.

I always seem to end up on it for like 2 weeks and then leave after remembering its awful, every year. It also turns into a place where a good 60% of the comments are complaints or memes. 

5 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Yup, In 2017 I was at Foo Fighters, 2nd row maybe? And there was a family just in front of me, 2 parents and a kid. about 9? Had been there the WHOLE day and were there the whole day on Friday and we got chatting and the guy said 'yeah we waited for Radiohead, got 3 songs in and left and went to bed, they were a bit shit' 

The dad loved Foo Fighters though, and had a proper good night with him. Spotted them as I walked past the stage early on Sunday just sitting on a blanket in the field. They've been going for about 5 years and do the exact same thing every year, they'll maybe go to see someone like Rag N Bone Man on the Other but thats it. I can imagine a fair few people do this. 

Each to their own but I think it's a shame that they are missing out on the rest of the festival.  Also, going to bed after the headliners?

I was shocked how many people go to bed at that time when I was working on PGB this year, not just talking about families with kids either.

4 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I always seem to end up on it for like 2 weeks and then leave after remembering its awful, every year. It also turns into a place where a good 60% of the comments are complaints or memes. 

Heavens forbid this place should end up as nothing but Simpsons memes and people bitching about stuff.... ?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it's more that Glastonbury diversified whereas the other UK festivals have failed to do so. Glastonbury booked Jay-Z, which at the time of announcement wasn't exactly lauded, but in hindsight it was a move that has not only sustained the festival but elevated it far above the competition. 

Reading pays big bucks to entice the biggest acts, Download is so genre-specific that there's only a handful of possible headliners every year, IOW is the same as Reading, T in the P wasn't sustainable, V has disappeared as well. Glasto took a massive risk in 2008 that's now started paying off.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Absolutely. I have taken action and have left...if I saw one more comment about Biffy Clyro being "bigger and better" or "more deserving" than the hotly rumoured headliners this year I was gonna lose it.

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I was shocked how many people go to bed at that time when I was working on PGB this year, not just talking about families with kids either.

I am so out of touch that I get confused when I hear people going to bed before 2am at a festival. 

I usually get maximum 2 hours sleep a night at most festivals.

Just now, Kalopsia said:

Absolutely. I have taken action and have left...if I saw one more comment about Biffy Clyro being "bigger and better" or "more deserving" than the hotly rumoured headliners this year I was gonna lose it.

Dude Biffy Clyro are gods to Glasto chat. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Each to their own but I think it's a shame that they are missing out on the rest of the festival.  Also, going to bed after the headliners?

Someone in my group is going for the first time in 2020. She's 30, and has made it very clear she's heading straight to the tent after each headliner set. I really don't get it. Each to their own and all, but the festival is truly amazing at night.

I'm 36 and Glasto is my one holiday per year I get to let my 'reseeding' hair down and go crazy - childfree!! I get around 2 hours kip per day/night as theres just so much to see and do, especially at night. Also....I never get time to have a hangover at the farm. I love Glastonbury!! I hate Glastonbury blues....especially on a fallow year.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I am so out of touch that I get confused when I hear people going to bed before 2am at a festival. 

I usually get maximum 2 hours sleep a night at most festivals.

15 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Someone in my group is going for the first time in 2020. She's 30, and has made it very clear she's heading straight to the tent after each headliner set. I really don't get it. Each to their own and all, but the festival is truly amazing at night.

There's no way I could get to sleep knowing that's all going on out there! 

I don't understand what the point is going to bed at midnight to be up and ready for 8am - when there's sod all going on for a few hours anyway!

I've nearly messed up and not made it to my shifts because I haven't been able to drag myself away at a reasonable time too.