2020 headliners

jj200

Did we ever get to the bottom of that guy on Reddit who worked for a record label and said the festival were going to do something they'd never done before with a different type of act?

Because Elvis Presley played Manchester Arena this week.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18060445.review-elvis-concert---live-screen-manchester-arena/

Michael's a big fan I believe.

Maybe he could sub Paul?

Edited by ProperTea

2 minutes ago, ProperTea said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of that guy on Reddit who worked for a record label and said the festival were going to do something they'd never done before with a different type of act?

Because Elvis Presley played Manchester Arena this week.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/18060445.review-elvis-concert---live-screen-manchester-arena/

Michael's a big fan I believe.

Maybe he could sub Paul?

I really truly hope not because, and I don't want to spoil this for everyone, HE'S DEAD.

It's bad enough for new acts to push past the nostalgia forcefield at the best of times, but if they're having to complete with corpses for billing places.....

5 minutes ago, Quark said:

I really truly hope not because, and I don't want to spoil this for everyone, HE'S DEAD.

It's bad enough for new acts to push past the nostalgia forcefield at the best of times, but if they're having to complete with corpses for billing places.....

So's Paul McCartney and that isn't stopping him.

• Upvote 12

16 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

Is there anything to suggest that the next announcement will be a Pyramid headliner? 

I'd be shocked if it was anything other than a Pyramid headliner announced yet. They don't tend to do big individual announcements outside the Pyramid headliners and legend. Sometimes Emily might let a name or two drop during an interview but you're not going to get a formal announcement for anything else I'd wager.

Although it's still not too late for them to go with my advent calendar idea...

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd be shocked if it was anything other than a Pyramid headliner announced yet. They don't tend to do big individual announcements outside the Pyramid headliners and legend. Sometimes Emily might let a name or two drop during an interview but you're not going to get a formal announcement for anything else I'd wager.

Although it's still not too late for them to go with my advent calendar idea...

Janelle Monae got one didn’t she?

15 hours ago, ChemicalBrother said:

I do sometimes think we need to remind ourselves of the strapline at the top of the page - “Experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round” - too much negative slagging off of bands sometimes.

If I heard a band at Glastonbury & I wasn’t too keen on them, I’d move on to something else, not stand there & continue to criticise it. 

Sorry to wade in unannounced on this.  

I'm sure if it was alright to drink a beer with breakfast we'd all get on a bit better on here. 

We're approaching the furthest point of the fest, the weather's miserable, we're still hunting for line up scraps, if anything we should be arguing more.

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

137386.jpg?b64lines=IEkgS0VFUCBURUxMSU5H

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is what I mean when I say she might drop a name or two in a radio interview. I wouldn’t count it as an official announcement like you get for the headliners.

True. But she also got this:

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/janelle-monae-to-headline-west-holts-at-this-years-festival/

And this:

Official enough for me.

6 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I'd still not class it the same as a headliner announcement, this is only in response to EE mentioning it in an interview. 

I'd say it was different if it was just randomly announced like Macca was for example although his was after his own little spoiler on twitter.