2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Matt42 said:

Not.... at all?

Mummy and daddy aren’t writing your albums for you and forcing people to turn up to your shows across the globe.

No but their money and fame forced the band down lots of peoples throats....

Although after all that My mum doesn’t know who The 1975 are.

I think more than anything I'm just a little surprised that Foals agreed to sub Liam at TRNSMT rather than be billed as a co-headline, because the entire past year of their album(s) campaign has felt like it was gearing around them headlining festivals and solidifying them as that type of band (possibly with Glastonbury included in that).

Maybe the money was too good to say no to or Liam's team put their foot down.

I do sometimes think we need to remind ourselves of the strapline at the top of the page - “Experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round” - too much negative slagging off of bands sometimes.

If I heard a band at Glastonbury & I wasn’t too keen on them, I’d move on to something else, not stand there & continue to criticise it. 

Sorry to wade in unannounced on this.  

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, ChemicalBrother said:

I do sometimes think we need to remind ourselves of the strapline at the top of the page - “Experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round” - too much negative slagging off of bands sometimes.

If I heard a band at Glastonbury & I wasn’t too keen on them, I’d move on to something else, not stand there & continue to criticise it. 

absolutely right :) and I love the Chemical Brothers :) 

55 minutes ago, ChemicalBrother said:

Wade on in

30 minutes ago, Porridge said:

Seen that Faith No More have come back & announced Tons of Rock in Norway on the Friday. Likelihood of them appearing at Glasto?

Quite possible. Would be Other/Park headliner or maybe “the rock slot”?

anyway...they put on a hell of a show !

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Also Lewis Capaldi is absolutely ginormous. He might be billed relatively below foals this year - but that will be the last time. He’s the next UK festival headliner following in the steps of Ezra. This will be his last summer playing below headline at any festivals.

So you can predict that Lewis Capaldi will be the next big thing off of 1 album, but Foals are now forever not to Headline? Because of...facts? 

You have nothing. You have NO idea what route Lewis will head. He might go the route of Sam Smith and release a meh album in 3 years time. He might go the way of George Ezra, he might go the way of Rag n Bone Man. We have NO idea. 

I'm not a huge Foals fan. Would of they headlined this year if it wasn't for the 50th? Who knows, will they headline the Other this year? Very possible, they're still a big band. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

So you can predict that Lewis Capaldi will be the next big thing off of 1 album, but Foals are now forever not to Headline? Because of...facts? 

You have nothing. You have NO idea what route Lewis will head. He might go the route of Sam Smith and release a meh album in 3 years time. He might go the way of George Ezra, he might go the way of Rag n Bone Man. We have NO idea. 

I'm not a huge Foals fan. Would of they headlined this year if it wasn't for the 50th? Who knows, will they headline the Other this year? Very possible, they're still a big band. 

Nailed it.

If we do get another headliner announced before Christmas, and assuming it's Kenny and Taylor, who do y'all reckon will be the one announced? I initially thought it would be Kenny, but thinking perhaps it could be Taylor on the condition BST sells out before Christmas?

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

If we do get another headliner announced before Christmas, and assuming it's Kenny and Taylor, who do y'all reckon will be the one announced? I initially thought it would be Kenny, but thinking perhaps it could be Taylor on the condition BST sells out before Christmas?

I said it earlier, they announce Taylor on her birthday. 

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Wasn’t quite sure where to put this but on my commute in today I saw about 3 Taylor Swift posters for lover. At first I thought it was a tour announcement poster or something.

I imagine her BST date is coming soon. Her Glastonbury date will then follow.