2020 headliners

jj200

6 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

This run of Macca songs at the end of his most recent gig is about as good as it possibly gets!

Macca.png

26 - 38 would be an amazing end to a gig. I can imagine we'll get a surprise song or two being the 50th anniversary of their split and Glastonbury as a whole. It'll always be a shame we won't hear any of Lennon songs but I'm okay with that. 

50 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

The lineup this year is going to be so stacked isn't it. Comes to something when the mrs starts worrying that she may miss something amazing when she need her mid afternoon/teatime nap whilst we are watching something. 

Is that what she tells you ! ?

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

You seem to be forgetting the existence of #9, Piggies, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road and Boys.

And Obladi oblada

Awful

I used to joke with a pal of mine who's a massive Beatlesfan, about putting together a compilation 'The Worst of The Beatles'. Including all of these 'classics', some of Harrisons sitar dirges and every song Ringo ever contributed.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

And Obladi oblada

Awful

I used to joke with a pal of mine who's a massive Beatlesfan, about putting together a compilation 'The Worst of The Beatles'. Including all of these 'classics', some of Harrisons sitar dirges and every song Ringo ever contributed.

Oi! Help From my Friends is a tune :D

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

I've been known to do that. Possibly for very different reasons though :lol:

:lol: probably! Hers are usually a combo of a heavy/late night followed by and early morning litter picking shift and then more alcohol abuse.

I think we have all done that at least once mind however hers is usually every day. Mine would be caused by substance abuse or in the case of this year too much sun of all things....

When REM ( i think )  headlined my mate had gone AWOL , but we were not going to spend all day looking for him.

Apparently after lots of rum he got his head down early afternoon at back of Pyramid field and woke up when the crowed were leaving at the end of REM's set and when it got light next morning he had picked up a gorgeous tanned face ! 

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

You seem to be forgetting the existence of #9, Piggies, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road and Boys.

Piggies is utter shite aye. Boys is...of its time I suppose? Never going to chose to put it on, but it’s not offensive. Same for Why Don’t We Do It In The Road. Not having this Revolution #9 bashing though. It’s fucking great, not a real song obviously, but it’s a great headphone listen. 

6 minutes ago, ivan said:

When REM ( i think )  headlined my mate had gone AWOL , but we were not going to spend all day looking for him.

Apparently after lots of rum he got his head down early afternoon at back of Pyramid field and woke up when the crowed were leaving at the end of REM's set and when it got light next morning he had picked up a gorgeous tanned face ! 

rum and REM bring back memories for me too ... some very vague ones .... though :) one of my biggest regrets .. just one must have tipped me over the edge 

7 hours ago, jparx said:

Assuming you mean Macca + Wings as well as his strictly solo stuff, you must surely know Live and Let Die, Band on the Run, Jet, Maybe I'm Amazed, Let 'Em In, Let Me Roll It?

Is that the awful one off the Postcode Lottery ads?

Edit: Already answered

Edited by Jack The Stripper