2020 headliners

jj200

Likes The Stones, with their on-going ‘No Filter’ tours, Macca’s keeping to his ‘Freshen Up’ tour set, which started in 2018. I wouldn’t expect too much variation from recent setlists. As usual with him, probably about 3/4 or more of the setlist are nailed on, the rest changing tour to tour.
Expect either ‘All My Loving’ or ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’, ‘Birthday’s been played just over half the dates so far, but I’d expect it at G. Don’t necessarily expect. ‘Yesterday’ - it’s only been played on 5 of the 39 dates thus far, as has ‘Michelle’, and ‘Get Back’ only once. I hope the setlist gets a tweak, but aren’t expecting too much. 

21 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

Often thought this should be a topic on here. My personal favourite is the breakdown on “One More Time” by Daft Punk. And subsequent un-breakdown.

That is a beauty.

I'll see it and raise you the "push the button" break and subsequent build up & drop in Galvanize.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Likes The Stones, with their on-going ‘No Filter’ tours, Macca’s keeping to his ‘Freshen Up’ tour set, which started in 2018. I wouldn’t expect too much variation from recent setlists. As usual with him, probably about 3/4 or more of the setlist are nailed on, the rest changing tour to tour.
Expect either ‘All My Loving’ or ‘Can’t Buy Me Love’, ‘Birthday’s been played just over half the dates so far, but I’d expect it at G. Don’t necessarily expect. ‘Yesterday’ - it’s only been played on 5 of the 39 dates thus far, as has ‘Michelle’, and ‘Get Back’ only once. I hope the setlist gets a tweak, but aren’t expecting too much. 

Largely agree, but hoping for a few wildcards like when he did Mr Kite.

44 minutes ago, PDAD said:

I like that idea! 

It's tough to keep semi-realistic as ideally, i'd make the set list 95% Beatles but here goes...

Birthday (with your firework celebration proposal)
A Hard Day's Night
Come On To Me
Let Me In
Let Me Roll It
Jet
She Loves You
When I'm 64
Penny Lane
Blackbird
Love Me Do
Queenie Eye
Lady Madonna
Eleanor Rigby
Fuh You
Something
Yesterday
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Because
You Never Give Me Your Money
Sun King
Mean Mr Mustard
Polythene Pam
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End

A Day In The Life
Helter Skelter
Tomorrow Never Knows
Band On The Run
Back in The U.S.S.R
Let it Be
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With A Little Help From My Friends
All You Need Is Love

For comparison, his 2004 set was 67% Beatles tracks.

But you've got 5 more tracks in your set list than he played back then!

Just now, The Red Telephone said:

Fair enough, that’s a good one. OMT holds more special memories, probably because the drugs I was taking in 2000 were better than the ones in 2006.

I might feel differently if I saw DP live.  Two very different ones though, Galvanize has got that almost aggressive build up, and OMT is pure euphoria.

Music is the winner here :D

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, stuie said:

For comparison, his 2004 set was 67% Beatles tracks.

But you've got 5 more tracks in your set list than he played back then!

True, but then the Abbey Road medley at the end of the main set includes songs just over a minute long and heck, this is what I want! ?

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Its an obligatory part of a first single from a new TSwiz era

This...sick...beat

I'm sory but old taylor cant come to the phone right now...why?...she's dead

Hey Kids...Spelling Is Fun!/You can't spell awesome without me!

So he calls me up and he's all like "uhhhh I still love youuuuu"

And I'm just like "this is exhausting, you know? We are never getting back together... Like ever"

6 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It isn't my music taste but she isn't shit. She won the artist of the decade award which must stand for something, does have hits that you cannot avoid (radio, on playlists all around) and a strong female headliner which Glastonbury have hardly had apart from a few occasions. She is a headliner in her own right and alongside Kendrick and Macca, theirs something for (mainly) anyone. I will definitely be seeing Macca and Kendrick, probably go elsewhere for Taylor, tho drunk I may go for a singsong.

I would’ve said the exact same for miley Cyrus and yet I was many drinks down with my arms in the air singing along to wrecking ball that day. It just doesn’t get me excited to see her headline whatsoever.

6 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It isn't my music taste but she isn't shit. She won the artist of the decade award which must stand for something, does have hits that you cannot avoid (radio, on playlists all around) and a strong female headliner which Glastonbury have hardly had apart from a few occasions. She is a headliner in her own right and alongside Kendrick and Macca, theirs something for (mainly) anyone. I will definitely be seeing Macca and Kendrick, probably go elsewhere for Taylor, tho drunk I may go for a singsong.

I would’ve said the exact same for miley Cyrus and yet I was many drinks down with my arms in the air singing along to wrecking ball that day. It just doesn’t get me excited to see her headline whatsoever.

I’ve watched a few of these Taylor videos and I appreciate her back catalogue is pretty extensive. She has talent and plays her own music, which she also writes, but...

I still just can’t see what the major difference is between them, and where the hate comes from, for Ed Sheeran. Big pop songs, play and write their own music, a lot of cheese but also some decent respectable stuff in there from album cuts and back catalogue numbers. 

3 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

MSH and Rocky Racoon are easily the worst two Beatles songs IMO. McCartney at his worst. Can’t imagine anything worse than him wasting two slots on a set list playing them. Especially over something like Blackbird. One of the most beautiful songs ever written. McCartney at his best. Yesterday I’ll give you, it’s sort of outgrown itself because it’s so ubiquitous, a bit like Let It Be and Hey Jude I suppose. 

You seem to be forgetting the existence of #9, Piggies, Why Don’t We Do It In The Road and Boys.