2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'm a huge Beatles mark, Paul McCartney is a genuine hero of mine, him playing the Pyramid next year is literally a dream come true, however all that being said if he drops Maxwell's Silver Hammer I'll be straight down to the SE Corner post haste to angry dance during the remainder of his set. 

It needs to be played now just for the reaction from everyone.

53 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Macca set list hopes? 

He should start with Birthday - Massive fireworks, 50 on the screens. You get the idea.

Helter Skelter, Sgt Peppers, When Im 64, Day Tripper, She Loves You, Rocky Racoon, Let it Be, Hey Jude, Band on the Run, Live and let die, Maxwells Silver Hammer, Here Comes the Sun (tribute to GH), Octopus' Garden (Tribute to RS), All you need is love (Tribute to JL), Hello Goodbye, Get Back, Nineteen Hundred Eighty Five, Jet, Lady Madonna, We can work it out....

There will be a load of others too, but they stand out to me.

One of our pals a few years back on a Saturday night, tripped on the side of a walking path in the SE corner and rolled into a ditch then for no related reason out of no where shouted BACK TO THE USSR! has now become our go to Glastonbury tune now and I really hope Macca belts it out

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Am I the only one that literally cringes every time I hear "this...sick...beat" ?

Its an obligatory part of a first single from a new TSwiz era

This...sick...beat

I'm sory but old taylor cant come to the phone right now...why?...she's dead

Hey Kids...Spelling Is Fun!/You can't spell awesome without me!

21 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Played Yellow Sub in '04.

Ringo will be there next summer one would think.

My recollection was that he played 20 seconds of it and the crowd carried on? 

I found an old phone recording last year (don't think I had a camera on my phone in 2004) of our group in the crowd in 04 singing along to Yesterday. Goosebumps! Gutted to miss this in 2019. Oh well. 

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Rocky Racoon is an under rated tune. One of the best on the white album for me. It wont get played, but Id like it to.

Maxwells silver hammer.... I like it. Its naff, but I'd rather have it than Mull of Kintyre & some other stuff. I dont like Blackbird or Yesterday, but they'll get an airing. I'd rather have MSH. Its naff, daft & more fun.

As long as Helter Skelter is in - Im happy.

MSH and Rocky Racoon are easily the worst two Beatles songs IMO. McCartney at his worst. Can’t imagine anything worse than him wasting two slots on a set list playing them. Especially over something like Blackbird. One of the most beautiful songs ever written. McCartney at his best. Yesterday I’ll give you, it’s sort of outgrown itself because it’s so ubiquitous, a bit like Let It Be and Hey Jude I suppose. 

8 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

MSH and Rocky Racoon are easily the worst two Beatles songs IMO. McCartney at his worst. Can’t imagine anything worse than him wasting two slots on a set list playing them. Especially over something like Blackbird. One of the most beautiful songs ever written. McCartney at his best. Yesterday I’ll give you, it’s sort of outgrown itself because it’s so ubiquitous, a bit like Let It Be and Hey Jude I suppose. 

I like Rocky Racoon...

MSH, I can fully accept is shit... but I like it in the way I like the Frog Chorus*, it's shit & daft. I want a bit of that from time to time. Its not trying to be serious.

I don't like Blackbird or Yesterday. I Never have. They are to me just dull.

I get what you mean re: Let it Be & Hey Jude. Whilst being so overplayed are absolutely monster tunes. I cant wait to hear them on the Pyramid.  

(*Not suggesting he plays the we all stand together!)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

15 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

My recollection was that he played 20 seconds of it and the crowd carried on? 

I found an old phone recording last year (don't think I had a camera on my phone in 2004) of our group in the crowd in 04 singing along to Yesterday. Goosebumps! Gutted to miss this in 2019. Oh well. 

You could be right mate. Penny Lane that night still my all time Glasters highlight.

18 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Macca set list hopes? 

He should start with Birthday - Massive fireworks, 50 on the screens. You get the idea.

I like that idea! 

It's tough to keep semi-realistic as ideally, i'd make the set list 95% Beatles but here goes...

Birthday (with your firework celebration proposal)
A Hard Day's Night
Come On To Me
Let Me In
Let Me Roll It
Jet
She Loves You
When I'm 64
Penny Lane
Blackbird
Love Me Do
Queenie Eye
Lady Madonna
Eleanor Rigby
Fuh You
Something
Yesterday
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Because
You Never Give Me Your Money
Sun King
Mean Mr Mustard
Polythene Pam
She Came In Through The Bathroom Window
Golden Slumbers
Carry That Weight
The End

A Day In The Life
Helter Skelter
Tomorrow Never Knows
Band On The Run
Back in The U.S.S.R
Let it Be
Live and Let Die
Hey Jude

Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
With A Little Help From My Friends
All You Need Is Love

The lovely thing about the Beatles tracks is that so many of them are a massive part of people's lives, whether through your own listening or stuff you grew up around through parents or family.  Everyone's got favourites for different reasons.

I jest (a bit) about Octopus or Maxwell's.  They're objectively quite ropey songs, but I have really strong memories of listening to both of them as part of Abbey Road over Sunday lunch as a kid, so they've always got a place for me :)

2 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I really like Octopuses garden. Used to love it when I was a kid. I'm not ashamed. 

Me either. I probably like MSH for the same reason. Heard it as a child and its childlike. I liked it then & Im dying on this hill on my own to defend it.

Starfish and Coffee by Prince is exactly the same. I used to sing it when I was really young & to me its one of my favourite Prince Songs. Nowhere near his "best", but a favourite? Definitely.