2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Swizzle's been around a bit longer but Gaga and her are pretty contemporaneous.

True, but I think its because as I started Secondary school, that's when Gaga seemed to come out of no where and blow up, so a lot of people I was with were listening to her at that point, some people grew out of her after a couple of albums, but it is someone I carried on listening to, I remember more people speaking about Taylor towards the end of school and in College, at which point I wasn't interested in listening to her and carried on with Gaga and others, but like I said I will be giving her a listen up until the festival, already finding a couple of songs off Lover I am liking...seems I never got on the Taylor hype train when it came along

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

QuarrelsomeHopefulDrake-size_restricted.

It should have been Biffy's year!

You know there is actually a shit load of people that would lap it up if Biffy Clyro headlined?, just many don't see them at that point or getting there again and I'm also of the opinion that they aren't at that point. I also don't think every headliner should be a white male/s guitarist regardless of what views on here are. 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I saw him do it at Hampden with full pipe band and it was something I strongly loved to hear.

Maybe, & I mean maybe in Scotland, with a pipe band I could buy it.....?

Actually no. It's a dirge to my ears. 

Im all aboard the Macca hype train, but that doesnt need an airing for me.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think he'll probably only play the ones I mentioned and one or two more (Junior's Farm, Nineteen Hundred and Eighty Five perhaps)

I think you'd be surprised how much of his set you would know, probably mostly through osmosis!

Most likely that's right, I will be giving all the songs you have said a listen, and It wouldn't surprise me if there are 1 or 2 in there I realise I have heard before, so thanks for the suggestions! He is my most likely headliner to see at this point, but that can change if TS or KL grab my attention...just watch Macca get a horrendous clash with someone on the other stage... 

Macca set list hopes? 

He should start with Birthday - Massive fireworks, 50 on the screens. You get the idea.

Helter Skelter, Sgt Peppers, When Im 64, Day Tripper, She Loves You, Rocky Racoon, Let it Be, Hey Jude, Band on the Run, Live and let die, Maxwells Silver Hammer, Here Comes the Sun (tribute to GH), Octopus' Garden (Tribute to RS), All you need is love (Tribute to JL), Hello Goodbye, Get Back, Nineteen Hundred Eighty Five, Jet, Lady Madonna, We can work it out....

There will be a load of others too, but they stand out to me.

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Macca set list hopes? 

He should start with Birthday - Massive fireworks, 50 on the screens. You get the idea.

Helter Skelter, Sgt Peppers, When Im 64, Day Tripper, She Loves You, Rocky Racoon, Let it Be, Hey Jude, Band on the Run, Live and let die, Maxwells Silver Hammer, Here Comes the Sun (tribute to GH), Octopus' Garden (Tribute to RS), All you need is love (Tribute to JL), Hello Goodbye, Get Back, Nineteen Hundred Eighty Five, Jet, Lady Madonna, We can work it out....

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2019/dodger-stadium-los-angeles-ca-639e826f.html

27 minutes ago, henry bear said:

That’s pretty much where I’m at. Ultimately, next year’s headliners reflect current music tastes, and a recent chart of the biggest selling albums since 2000 shows the majority of them are from solo artists, and largely pop orientated. It just so happens that KL and TS don’t do anything for me. Had Lana Del Rey been given a top spot it would’ve been a different matter. 

We can’t have the same bands headlining all the time. Having Muse or the Arctic Monkeys or whoever back again just seems unimaginative; I dare say the likes of The 1975 and Foals may get their chance in future years, but I don’t see too many ‘guitar bands’ coming through that will be big enough, hopefully that will change though.

As an aside, I’m envious of someone not too familiar with The Beatles/(most of) Macca’s solo stuff. Much joy awaits!

If AM had been playing next year it would’ve been 6 years since they last did. More than enough time. 

11 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Macca set list hopes? 

AC4DBD6B-05E1-41E0-A9D4-C956C41F5E99.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

AC4DBD6B-05E1-41E0-A9D4-C956C41F5E99.jpeg

Rocky Racoon is an under rated tune. One of the best on the white album for me. It wont get played, but Id like it to.

Maxwells silver hammer.... I like it. Its naff, but I'd rather have it than Mull of Kintyre & some other stuff. I dont like Blackbird or Yesterday, but they'll get an airing. I'd rather have MSH. Its naff, daft & more fun.

As long as Helter Skelter is in - Im happy.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Rocky Racoon is an under rated tune. One of the best on the white album for me. It wont get played, but Id like it to.

Maxwells silver hammer.... I like it. Its naff, but I'd rather have it than Mull of Kintyre & some other stuff. I dont like Blackbird or Yesterday, but they'll get an airing. I'd rather have MSH.

More's the point, can we discuss your inclusion of Octopus' Garden please?

1 minute ago, ClementsMike said:

Just reading the Other Stage thread and realising that Noel Gallaghers (& HFB's)  have never played Glastonbury. Scenes when he gets announced as the second male headliner :D

Would be funny, especially as he classes is as a solo act (I believe he said it on Graham Norton), but sadly isn't big enough, looks like he will be playing though, so no matter what I will be there

Just now, ModBoy said:

Would be funny, especially as he classes is as a solo act (I believe he said it on Graham Norton), but sadly isn't big enough, looks like he will be playing though, so no matter what I will be there

I think you are right (and all his other festival positions support) , but as people are suggesting in the Other thread, in the UK he's a much bigger deal than Kendrick ... 

I'm a huge Beatles mark, Paul McCartney is a genuine hero of mine, him playing the Pyramid next year is literally a dream come true, however all that being said if he drops Maxwell's Silver Hammer I'll be straight down to the SE Corner post haste to angry dance during the remainder of his set. 

• Upvote 1