2020 headliners

jj200

4 hours ago, Quark said:

If they don't like Sweet Leaf then you clearly work with the soulless and the damned

if i had a leaf stuck under my windscreen when i pulled away from home, i would have to stop and remove it before i got to the end of the road.

stupid leaf. stupid song.

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

Anyone else just think Taylor Swift is shitty unimaginative pop music and whilst it fits the festival following on from Beyonce/gags/katy Perry etc it is ultimately a bag of shite

Pretty much yeah. But I’d still prefer to listen to her rather than Kendrick. 

1 minute ago, jow95 said:

Anyone else just think Taylor Swift is shitty unimaginative pop music and whilst it fits the festival following on from Beyonce/gags/katy Perry etc it is ultimately a bag of shite

It isn't my music taste but she isn't shit. She won the artist of the decade award which must stand for something, does have hits that you cannot avoid (radio, on playlists all around) and a strong female headliner which Glastonbury have hardly had apart from a few occasions. She is a headliner in her own right and alongside Kendrick and Macca, theirs something for (mainly) anyone. I will definitely be seeing Macca and Kendrick, probably go elsewhere for Taylor, tho drunk I may go for a singsong.

2 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

Pretty much yeah. But I’d still prefer to listen to her rather than Kendrick. 

I don't think she's purely shit but booking those both in the same year is mind boggling.....you are shutting a shit load of interests out there even if it is only one stage. Kendrick I don't have a negative view on but he's going to be very much love or not bothered and the other pop star sells double tickets due to parents....this isn't her own shows where they can just go online and purchase two for herself and daughter or whatever and that's why I don't think the arguement of their status in music in necessarily a great point in these circumstances.

27 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think she's purely shit but booking those both in the same year is mind boggling.....you are shutting a shit load of interests out there even if it is only one stage.

That may win the award for nonsense post of the week dude.

There are three headliner spots and, ooooh, thousands of acts available in the music world. Interests are always going to be shut out. The point might, MIGHT, be valid if you had two hugely similar acts on two nights, but they're not.

Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts booking two of the most important and critically acclaimed contemporary acts of the decade is literally the least mind boggling thing I've ever seen. 

And there's hardly going to be a dearth of proper lad music elsewhere at the festival. 

32 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think she's purely shit but booking those both in the same year is mind boggling.....you are shutting a shit load of interests out there even if it is only one stage. Kendrick I don't have a negative view on but he's going to be very much love or not bothered and the other pop star sells double tickets due to parents....this isn't her own shows where they can just go online and purchase two for herself and daughter or whatever and that's why I don't think the arguement of their status in music in necessarily a great point in these circumstances.

I’m not entirely sure how booking the biggest hip hop star in the world, the biggest pop star in the world and a motherfucking Beatle is shutting down anyone’s interests.

Seems a perfectly balanced mix to me.

Edited by Hugh Jass
  • Upvote 1

Macca Kendrick and Taylor all in one year is absolutely massive. 

Are all 3 headliners ever any single person in the world's top 3 choices? Unlikely. 

I'll be at the pyramid all 3 nights so looks like it's my year boys! Hold onto your gym socks I'm sure they'll be some white guys with guitars there next year.