2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Kendrick, Macca, Swifty and add in Diana Ross the legend. That’s four incredible diverse headline grabbing bookings. And don’t forget the hint from EE that the other stage will have pyramid sized acts as well. Surely enough there to excite the most cynical and hard to please amongst us?  

agree on the musical diversity... and also on the boy/girl/boy/girl balance of the sexes...

but 3 American acts out of 4..?? has that been done before.?

4 x solo artists.?

8 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

agree on the musical diversity... and also on the boy/girl/boy/girl balance of the sexes...

4 x solo artists.?

Don’t think nationality matters or indeed the solo acts.  I am sure there will be bands on the other stage to redress that balance. It’s all very exciting! Chuck in all the other stages and as usual it’s going to be a clash nightmare, and for me thats what glastonbury should be!  

I think looking at the acts and finding it weird that they are American kinda misses the point.

It wasn’t until the end of the 00s and throughout the 10s that American acts gave a shit about Glastonbury. Obviously there’s been a bit of a snowball effect now where loads of American acts want to sign up to the festival and try it out. It’s one thing that makes me think there might be something to Aerosmith doing the rock slot. You never know who might of had a word and got them interested.

There are more American acts on the lineup because more of them ‘get’ the ethos of the festival now and have seen the impact it has had for some of their contemporaries.

Also - as American acts tend to be the most expensive bookings in the world, if some of them want to play for cheap you don’t really say no. You might not get another chance.

1 minute ago, sophiemarie said:

Has The Weeknd been considered as a possibility yet? As far as I'm aware, he hasn't played Glastonbury before, and it sounds like new music is on the way.

Booked in 2013 and pulled out. Highly doubt he will come back as it’s probably soured his relationship with the festival.

17 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

4 x solo artists.?

I really don't think the solo artist or American thing matters, just down to numbers of available acts year on year, it's probabilistically unlikely but will happen on occasion, as said before they aren't going to suddenly say "oh we've got Taylor, can't got for any other Americans or solo artists now, tell Macca not to bother"

10 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

GKMC > anything else Kendrick has done. I really do hope he has a new album out as I seen him on the DAMN tour, just a bit lack lustre without new material for a Pyramid headline slot ain’t it.

I doubt he’d be upping and doing massive shows/festivals three years after his last album if he wasn’t planning on having a new one out. Brand new album, brand new tour, brand new set up, brand new ‘Kenny’ moniker. 

29 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

GKMC > anything else Kendrick has done. I really do hope he has a new album out as I seen him on the DAMN tour, just a bit lack lustre without new material for a Pyramid headline slot ain’t it.

TPAB=GKMC> everything else he’s ever done

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Booked in 2013 and pulled out. Highly doubt he will come back as it’s probably soured his relationship with the festival.

Didn't Wiley tweet them to fuck off and take him off the bill in 2013, and ended up playing pretty recently? Lol

3 hours ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Ok, so I may have been too hasty in my assessment of Kendrick (ie 0% chance of seeing him).

Half way through his Reading set from 2018 and I could easily get on board this train. YAH and Swimming Pools are solid tunes, the rest would be good under the stars on Pyramid. 

Watch his coachella set. He grows more spectacular and innovative every year

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Don’t think nationality matters or indeed the solo acts.  I am sure there will be bands on the other stage to redress that balance. It’s all very exciting! Chuck in all the other stages and as usual it’s going to be a clash nightmare, and for me thats what glastonbury should be!  

Nationality only matters to the Neil Lonsdales of this world.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wait, is that something he has for every album? I only remember Kung Fu Kenny.

This was him a few weeks ago at Day N Vegas. Can’t figure out what the moniker would be here.

EIjAga7WwAEgbHS?format=jpg&name=medium

Before he got known - Volcano, K Montana
Mixtapes and Section 80 - K.dot / Kendrick Lamar
Good Kid M.A.A.D City - The Good Kid / King Kendrick
To Pimp a Butterfly - King Kunta / Kunta
Untitled Unmastered - Cornrow Kenny
DAMN. - Mr 1 through 5 / Kung Fu Kenny

Fight be on this stance, but from how his albums are all brilliant concept albums, to the vast characters he plays, His influence in modern music and the community he represents. He is literally the modern Bowie.

He's literally won a pulitzer prize god damn

Edited by GrooveCity
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrooveCity said:

Before he got known - Volcano, K Montana
Mixtapes and Section 80 - K.dot / Kendrick Lamar
Good Kid M.A.A.D City - The Good Kid / King Kendrick
To Pimp a Butterfly - King Kunta / Kunta
Untitled Unmastered - Cornrow Kenny
DAMN. - Mr 1 through 5 / Kung Fu Kenny

So this is something that he seems to call himself sometimes just once? I’m not sure if that constitutes a moniker but I guess technically it does.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Kowboy Kenny 

Kenny Rogers Kenny

• Upvote 1