2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, mrchnry said:

I'm surprised Kendrick is a given with no new music incoming and no tour dates. Post Malone hits europe for dates in June and is in Denmark on the 25th. Male, never played, new album out, bigger than Kendrick. 

Jeez - could you imagine the outrage ?

2 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

I'm surprised Kendrick is a given with no new music incoming and no tour dates. Post Malone hits europe for dates in June and is in Denmark on the 25th. Male, never played, new album out, bigger than Kendrick. 

Dude it is November.

Hes got plenty of time and there are other dates coming.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrchnry said:

Was he big enough two years ago, when the other two were (supposedly) booked?

After that interview I can't see it being anyone other than Taylor and Kenny now. 

Madge as a small outside chance but can't see it especially after Michael's comments. 

Michael picks Macca and Taylor and Emily picks Kenny. Totally works and that is a fucking fantastic trio.

Hip hop stars have the tendency to work on albums right up until they are done and just drop them. Kendrick is rumoured to have a new album coming whenever it’s done.

It’l be out before June. Maybe a couple of festivals is all that can be booked now as he doesn’t quite know when it will be out yet.

Bringing up the fact that he doesn’t have other dates yet / a new album out is pretty silly considering the festival is 7 months away.

As it stands it will be 3 fun nights away from the Pyramid. I was hoping for Rage or Chillis. But as been said many times there’s much more than Glastonbury than the pyramid headliners. I’ve only ever seen 2 in my time so the predicted 3 will make no difference to my Glasto experience. 

13 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Much, much more likely IMO to be Kendrick than Post Malone, but I would think if summer outdoor shows anywhere in the UK were announced, I would say PM would shift more in any region than KL.

Does anyone disagree?

Definitely agree - Posty would definitely shift more.

30 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Genuine question, based on the clues we have, is there anyone it could possibly be other than Taylor and Kendrick? Also using a bit of common sense.

Sure.

On the female side, there's a fairly small list of people who are big enough and match the clues - Taylor Swift, Pink, Madonna, Rihanna, Ariana Grande, and Kate Bush. It's just that one of those is far more likely than the rest of them put together.

On the male side, the evidence for Kendrick seems a lot less solid and you could probably come up with a quite a few names. Drake, Eminem, Timberlake, Phil Collins, and Bruno Mars (to the best of my knowledge) not having done it before. Obviously Elton would be on the list if dates didn't rule him out, and as an old bastard I'll refuse to fully accept that Billy Joel and Tom Waits aren't big enough even though many will claim that. Probably others I'm missing as well.

I find it really interesting how much love there is for Kendrick on here - it is definitely disproportionate with what I hear outside of this forum.

And yet just over 50% who replied to the poll on here have little or no interest in seeing him.  That would suggest with the wider audience at Glasto the number would be a bit lower - maybe 30%-35%. 

Serious Question - does that really fit with Headliner status? (ducks for cover)

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

I find it really interesting how much love there is for Kendrick on here - it is definitely disproportionate with what I hear outside of this forum.

And yet just over 50% who replied to the poll on here have little or no interest in seeing him.  That would suggest with the wider audience at Glasto the number would be a bit lower - maybe 30%-35%. 

Serious Question - does that really fit with Headliner status? (ducks for cover)

I mentioned the same thing on here a few weeks ago but yes he is certainly big enough to play I just wondered if it would resonate in the UK. Apparently so. I've seen a lot of love for him on social media and a lot of hate but that is standard for absolutely anybody these days. Just look at the Macca announcement. 

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

See also Stormzy 12 months back.

I don't think a lot of peeps here talking about Kendrick understand what a legend status he already has in hip hop. Maybe Post Malone will shift more concert tickets, but there is no way Glasto would go with him over Kendrick.

Critically acclaimed? check

Commercially successful? check

Bold and innovative? check

Like Jay-Z in 2008 and Stormzy last year it will turn out to be a fantastic booking for the festival.

yeah agreeed, if you doubting kendrick you just havent paid enough attention to his body of work.

Get on rapgenius.com, follow the lyrics with the album. if you are not a native hip hop listener, ALOT of what kendrick is saying will pass you by. 

Id love to see how much does a dollar really cost at glastonbury. highly doubt hed play it but would be an amazing moment.

5 minutes ago, circus92 said:

If tele tubbies were announced as headliners 80% of people on here would think they were the best thing since sliced bread. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1