2018: The Killers

may as well give mine

2013 Rolling Stones

2014 Arcade Fire, Metallica

2015 Kanye

2016 Muse, Adele

2017 Foo Fighters

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Thats the great thing about the festival. There is always something to tickle your fancy elsewhere.

Thats exactly it and i doff my cap to you for those reasons. I'm anticipating the same next year. Will be my last Glastonbury so kind of disappointed i won't see the grand old stage in all its glory again but i feel blessed with what i have seen

1 minute ago, Slugworth said:

Thats exactly it and i doff my cap to you for those reasons. I'm anticipating the same next year. Will be my last Glastonbury so kind of disappointed i won't see the grand old stage in all its glory again but i feel blessed with what i have seen

I am hoping one day I will get to see Depeche Mode do it. It would be kind of fitting if they were to be my only ever Pyramid headliner.

I would have watched the Cure last year but allowed myself to get lead astray. No regrets as it ended up being my favourite night of the festival.

5 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Obviously don’t have to say but why are you retiring from Glasto? 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Obviously don’t have to say but why are you retiring from Glasto? 

If I'm honest i feel complete with the whole experience. First time i went was 2013 and it was the best week of my life. Since then i feel like I've been chasing that experience. 

Every year since has had stand out moments i won't ever forget but i can only name a couple of big name acts i'd really enjoy there more than anywhere else. 

2 minutes ago, gsansom said:

Gotta ask. If the whole Rage thing is legit, how many people plans for Saturday night have changed? Seen Macca once before and even if I hadn't I'm all in on Zack and the boys. See you in the pit!

Mine wouldn’t change because I’ve seen RATM at Finsbury and not Macca, but would have been impossible to choose if I hadn’t. 

But all academic as we’re getting RATM into Macca...

4 minutes ago, gsansom said:

Gotta ask. If the whole Rage thing is legit, how many people plans for Saturday night have changed? Seen Macca once before and even if I hadn't I'm all in on Zack and the boys. See you in the pit!

If it is. Mine has. Seeing a band like Rage at Glastonbury with the current political climate in the US and UK on the 50th anniversary. Cant ask for more 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, gsansom said:

Probably mine has. Never seen either & I will be properly torn if this is true. I sent this to my mates. They were talking about going to Glasgow & seeing macca. I have no chance of that due to work.

12 minutes ago, gsansom said:

I'd be at Rage. I even talked myself round to seeing Macca as he's a Beatle etc etc

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Probably mine has. Never seen either & I will be properly torn if this is true. I sent this to my mates. They were talking about going to Glasgow & seeing macca. I have no chance of that due to work.

I'd be at Rage and then I'd be at their NZ show as well (if the poster is legit with the July NZ date). Love a bit of Macca but the atmosphere at Rage would be unbeatable.

Can I change my vote on the Macca poll?

8 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Also... I’d this is real what is that London date? Would have thought their only UK date that wasn’t a festival would be a biggun but BST/APE etc don’t do Mondays do they?

It’s what leads me to believe it’s fake. Kind of assumed they’d be doing big outdoor shows and they wouldn’t be doing them on a Monday and Tuesday in London and Glasgow would they?

9 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

It’s what leads me to believe it’s fake. Kind of assumed they’d be doing big outdoor shows and they wouldn’t be doing them on a Monday and Tuesday in London and Glasgow would they?

So if it isn’t BST/APE, realistically it has to be a stadium or large arena? 

The o2 arena isn’t available on that Monday. I guess it could theoretically be a stadium - but Wembley is in use for the Euros that weekend so won’t be used for RATM. Olympic/London stadium also has Green Day that weekend so is a no go... 

Hmmmm... that bit doesn’t add up for me sadly

Edited by strummer77

Bruce.

All 3 of them.

Coldplay + Beyonce (saw like 3 U2 songs so don't really count it).

Metallica.

Kanye.

Foals.

Radioheady and eddy

Nil 

11/24. I get the idea.

Not missing Macca for anything but if Zack and le lads clash with him there'll be Rage Against The Glastonbury Line Up.

• Like 1