2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Things you can say that means you haven't lost touch with reality: I dont like that artist. That music is not my taste. I'm never seeing that person live and would rather shove nails through my eyes. 

Things you can say that means you should seek help: I dont understand how one of the largest artists in the world by any measurable metric is headlining Glastonbury. 

This goes for Taylor and Kendrick. If you dont like them, you dont need to. Pretending most of the world doesnt love them is unhealthy. The world is round. Vaccinations are necessary. These are all facts proven by science and ticket sales. 

Foals, on the other hand. 

Fair point but I did t say I dont understand hows shes headlining Glastonbury. I recognise shes a global star I just really dont get the sudden rush of fandom which I hadn't seem here previously. Its all good though. I do think shes got some great songs. I just dont think of her as 'a great' despite her sucess. I'm happy for everyone on here that's stoked to see her though. I may even be there myself. Hoping for a better option on t'other, WH, JP, Park etc

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Things you can say that means you should seek help: I dont understand how one of the largest artists in the world by any measurable metric is headlining Glastonbury. 

At work yesterday I said Kendrick was headlining. Someone without a ticket (who has done 4 fests) said "Thats not good enough for the 50th, not when McCartney & Diana Ross are on".

I said "You need new acts" defended it. The conversation went to how he didn't like how political Stormzy made his set. 

Me - "The festival was literally called the Glastonbury CND festival" "Would John Lennon have politicised it?" "Roger Waters, he will politicise everything"

His response "Yeah, you're right. Im just getting old and dont like change"

He's younger than me.... Im 35. 

While I agree yer man above's use of Gaga and Pink specifically was ham-fisted its also worth noting that yesterday some criticism of TS was replied to with 'well who would you rather have?', whereas today TS criticism is met with 'you can criticise her without comparing her to other artists'. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Doesn’t make sense. Unless Kendrick headlines Sunday and Peppers Friday or visa versa. Or peppers do other stage, or Kendrick or Taylor haven’t been booked. She could of chosen Stockholm Lolla. Tho I am more inclined to think it’s Kendrick and Taylor. God that’s confusing. 

I really hope it’s not Kendrick and RHCP as the missing two. This would be a disastrous Pyramid year for us...having said that, we’ve swerved the Pyramid on many occasions and had a great time so it really doesn’t matter. Which begs the question, why do I spend so much time on these headline threads?

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

At work yesterday I said Kendrick was headlining. Someone without a ticket (who has done 4 fests) said "Thats not good enough for the 50th, not when McCartney & Diana Ross are on".

I said "You need new acts" defended it. The conversation went to how he didn't like how political Stormzy made his set. 

Me - "The festival was literally called the Glastonbury CND festival" "Would John Lennon have politicised it?" "Roger Waters, he will politicise everything"

Now I can go to sleep terrified for the future of humanity. 

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

While I agree yer man above's use of Gaga and Pink specifically was ham-fisted its also worth noting that yesterday some criticism of TS was replied to with 'well who would you rather have?', whereas today TS criticism is met with 'you can criticise her without comparing her to other artists'. 

It's specifically about the common tactic of pitting successful women against one another as if there's room for only one of them. 

Instead of Swift vs. Gaga - why not both?

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's specifically about the common tactic of pitting successful women against one another as if there's room for only one of them. 

Tbf I wish I'd waited until I'd read his next post before hitting reply. 

I am not racist, sexist, etc, nor am I a boomer. I'm a 40 year old married man who loves humanity and embraces people of all backgrounds, ethnicity and sexuality.  I was making a light hearted poke at this idea that we HAVE to have gender balance on lineups. We dont. Good music is good music just book whats good. Calm down snowflakes. My iddle aged privileged white ass will be getting down and dirty to Kenny, dancing with queens in Downlow and possibly even shaking it off to queen Tay Tay so dont be so quick to be offended.  Just opinion.  As you were.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The same thing happens in Techno Circles a lot...

Charlotte De Witte is constantly compared to Nina Kravitz, Amelie Lens & Peggy Gou in a way it doesnt with males. 

Or "They need to do a B2B set". The thought is not brought up. 1 of them & a male.

Bizarre

1 minute ago, gsansom said:

I am not racist, sexist, etc, nor am I a boomer. I'm a 40 year old married man who loves humanity and embraces people of all backgrounds, ethnicity and sexuality.  I was making a light hearted poke at this idea that we HAVE to have gender balance on lineups. We dont. Good music is good music just book whats good. Calm down snowflakes. My iddle aged privileged white ass will be getting down and dirty to Kenny, dancing with queens in Downlow and possibly even shaking it off to queen Tay Tay so dont be so quick to be offended.  Just opinion.  As you were.

Your iddle aged ass should know better than that shite patter then. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Personally - I think there’s a bit of a difference between broad political points: nuclear weapons and the festival’s support for CND and Waters’ highlighting of Israel/Palestine for example than specific party political stuff like “Fuck Boris”. I really enjoyed watching Stormzy’s set back but that stuff is a bit cringe imo. 

FWIW (probably not much) I wouldn’t be comfortable with someone on the Pyramid shouting  “Fuck Lucas” “Fuck Sturgeon” “Fuck Jezza” or “Fuck Swinson” either. 

?‍♂️

Edited by caballosblancos

4 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

Personally - I think there’s a bit of a difference between broad political points: nuclear weapons and the festival’s support for CND and Waters’ highlighting of Israel/Palestine for example than specific party political stuff like “Fuck Boris”. I really enjoyed watching Stormzy’s set back but that stuff is a bit cringe imo. 

FWIW (probably not much) I wouldn’t be comfortable with someone on the Pyramid shouting  “Fuck Lucas” “Fuck Sturgeon” “Fuck Jezza” or “Fuck Swinson” either. 

?‍♂️

I think most toxic fandom have turned their attention to Rian Johnson now so I doubt you'd hear that these days. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

?‍♂️

I'd disagree. A political point is specific to the individual & to their cause. Stormzy clearly feels passionate about certain subjects. Grenfell being one of them.

He may not have articulated it in the way others would have, but he made his point. I wasnt at the Pyramid. Im not into Grime, but he seems like a good guy doing what he believes is right & trying to shed light on certain injustices. Im all for that.

Urgghh. Note to self: Have two coffees before posting on efest. Dont want this to escalate or people on here have the wrong idea of who I am or what I'm about. I love it on here. Final word on this. I see the world like this: I'm a person, you're a person, regardless of colour, gender, sexuality, class, if you're a good person, ie. you intend no harm to others, then its all love and if I see you in a field let's have a dance and a hug and raise a glass together. I like to think that's the attitude of the majority of people on here. Anyway I'm done. My 'iddle' aged white ass is off for that second cup of coffee and to put Lover on, see if I can be swayed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, caballosblancos said:

?‍♂️

Tbf to that specific "Fuck Boris" part of the set.....the words are in his most recent hit single. And, for obvious reasons, people love that bit!

Obviously he didn't have to come out in a Banksy-designed, union-jack stab-proof vest, but that was fucking ace as well.