2020 headliners

jj200

23 hours ago, Bisque said:

Were you they guy that dress up in black face?

Not sure the relevance?

16 hours ago, sisco said:

So..... the next clue in the BST thread points to Kendrick Lamar being one of their acts!

What's more worrying is, V Festival got slated on here for years and years....it failed due to bad lineups tickets sales etc, though a couple of years later now people are there with open arms for two acts that would comfortably be booked to headline V Festival and in the same year.  If you've got someone like Dua Lipa subbing one of them or HAIM a little down on the Taylor day that is basically a V Fet lineup. If it happens then Glastonbury has entered the full on commercial stage that will only demand more money, more attendance allowances and its difficult especially in the evening/at night getting around as it is.

15 hours ago, phimill said:

If BST is Taylor and Kendrick i'm of the opinion that it would only be 1 of them not both. As @stuie said it would take the shine off if Glasto 50 is on again in London in a few weeks time

I think this too a bit.

15 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Puts in the frame for IOW though?

Given in the last two/three years they’ve headlined Glasto, R/L and done massive stadium dates in this country is there really anything left for them to do over here?

They won't get Foos nowadays.

Genuinely do not understand the obsession with Taylor Swift. If she was any more vanilla she'd have a flake in her hair. Granted shes got a few decent tunes but dont get when we all suddenly put her on this plinth as the dream headliner, must see, etc. She strikes me as something of a culture vulture a la Ed Sheeran, "Today I'm urban, Today I care about the LGBT community" She doesn't even come across as particularly nice, always seems cold, calculating and fake nice. Anyway realise I'm leaving myself open to a wave of hate from the fanatics here but just speaking out loud as I am honestly bemused by the admiration for her on here. Not denying she has talent but give me Gaga or Pink any day of the week. They would beyond smash it. ((ducks))

Edited by gsansom
  • Upvote 9

10 minutes ago, gsansom said:

Genuinely do not understand the obsession with Taylor Swift. If she was any more vanilla she'd have a flake in her hair. Granted shes got a few decent tunes but dont get when we all suddenly put her on this plinth as the dream headliner, must see, etc. She strikes me as something of a culture vulture a la Ed Sheeran, "Today I'm urban, Today I care about the LGBT community" She doesn't even come across as particularly nice, always seems cold, calculating and fake nice. Anyway realise I'm leaving myself open to a wave of hate from the fanatics here but just speaking out loud as I am honestly bemused by the admiration for her on here. Not denying she has talent but give me Gaga or Pink any day of the week. They would beyond smash it. ((ducks))

I'd prefer Gaga, but Taylor would still absolutely smash it to pieces. The woman's sold more albums than Beyonce. Her voice is excellent, and she hasn't bashed out middle of the road bubblegum typical Capital radio bollox - thought has gone into albums (Lover in particular), there's no denying her talent. Obviously you're welcome to your opinion, but "vanilla" couldn't be further from it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

And we see you over there on the internet
Comparing all the girls who are killing it

I have taken that lyric to mean "comparing superficial looks"  rather than "comparing artistic style".

If you cant say "I like her/his music", "not theirs" then it's a shit world.

LDR sells and is a big enough draw for it, but so is probably Lewis Capaldi & his music is dreary shite too. 

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have taken that lyric to mean "comparing superficial looks"  rather than "comparing artistic style".

If you cant say "I like her/his music", "not theirs" then it's a shit world.

You can say you dislike Taylor Swift's music. The point is you can do so without bringing Gaga into it for no other reason than they both happen to be women.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gsansom said:

I prefer bland to vanilla, but yeah.

Things you can say that means you haven't lost touch with reality: I dont like that artist. That music is not my taste. I'm never seeing that person live and would rather shove nails through my eyes. 

Things you can say that means you should seek help: I dont understand how one of the largest artists in the world by any measurable metric is headlining Glastonbury. 

This goes for Taylor and Kendrick. If you dont like them, you dont need to. Pretending most of the world doesnt love them is unhealthy. The world is round. Vaccinations are necessary. These are all facts proven by science and ticket sales. 

Foals, on the other hand. 

• Upvote 6

The new world order says we must have exactly equal representation of Male and Females (not sure where the gender fluids etc fit in to that) so that being the case I would prefer Lady gaga over Taylor Swift. The system forces me to pit one woman against another. Room for everyone though.  Except those who dont identify as a gender. Thought: how far away are we from expecting equal representation of blacks white latino asian...upper class, working class.. blondes..brunettes..gingers

• Downvote 9

1 minute ago, gsansom said:

The new world order says we must have exactly equal representation of Male and Females (not sure where the gender fluids etc fit in to that) so that being the case I would prefer Lady gaga over Taylor Swift. The system forces me to pit one woman against another. Room for everyone though.  Except those who dont identify as a gender. Thought: how far away are we from expecting equal representation of blacks white latino asian...upper class, working class.. blondes..brunettes..gingers

What

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

You can say you dislike Taylor Swift's music. The point is you can do so without bringing Gaga into it for no other reason than they both happen to be women.

Thats a fair point. I did bring another woman into the conversation re LDR & it was Lizzo. To be honest, that was as I wanted someone I havent seen that could bridge the gap following on from D Ross. 

The last 2 Festivals have had a party atmosphere on Sunday afternoon at the Pyramid. Bazza & Chic / Kylie & Miley. Following D Ross, the last thing we need is LDR in my opinion. Jamiroquai, Lizzo, Mulligan & O'Hare. Something with some life.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gsansom said:

yhlit3G.png