2020 headliners

jj200

I would personally love the Chilli peppers to headline, always wanted to see them but never got round to it.

would be gutted if it’s taylor swift to be honest, absolutely zero interest in seeing her (or Kendrick for that matter,) but at the end of the day it’s Glastonbury and I’m delighted to have a ticket, so whatever happens is fine.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

Hardly a Weirdo end of the day he likes the band nothing wrong with that ! He could be worse couldn’t he !  

Look bro, I don't like to pry on other people's troubles, but my dude is spending this much time on the RHCPs, he's clearly trying to punish himself for some deep inner trauma that he really should be seeking therapy for.

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Kendrick is still improving as a live performer btw. The grammy performance was ace, but he still has things to get better at, which is always a good thing because you can see he is working at it, so he would really seem to want to deliver on a big stage. And regarding new music, he didnt even release DAMN until the day before his Coachella performance, so nobody had time to dive into the album and had any idea what he was doing for his show. So if he is keeping quiet and is using Glasto as his launch for a new album cycle, then its going to be very exciting. Thats what is putting me off having the chili peppers there on top instead of Kendrick. Why will we want to have one of the 3 headliners phone in their performance, especially on the 50th? 

Pipe down suprefan, he’s not gonna shag yer.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Look bro, I don't like to pry on other people's troubles, but my dude is spending this much time on the RHCPs, he's clearly trying to punish himself for some deep inner trauma that he really should be seeking therapy for.

Shut up you girl ! You must have trouble on comments on this situation ?

• Downvote 3

Tried catching up on all the posts but missed the earlier Kendrick detail, and also who knew of Taylor, Macca, Kendrick, Aerosmith and Noel? 

I heard of Kendrick and Macca a few weeks back so looks like Kenny is a go. @eFestivals can hopefully vouch for me as it was from one of the same sources as previous years I’ve fed through to you ?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Tried catching up on all the posts but missed the earlier Kendrick detail, and also who knew of Taylor, Macca, Kendrick, Aerosmith and Noel? 

I heard of Kendrick and Macca a few weeks back so looks like Kenny is a go. @eFestivals can hopefully vouch for me as it was from one of the same sources as previous years I’ve fed through to you ?

It’s all coming up milhouse.

Also how cool is it that it’s November and all three headliners are fully booked.

Edited by Matt42

7 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Aye, and given Emily's comments about the Other headliners it suggests they were spoiled for choice this year.

I reckon the weight of the 50th anniversary probably banged harder than we thought it would. It’s very rare that so much is sorted before Christmas. I imagine the Eavis family are going to be booking a spa day this winter vacation.

28 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Are we doubling down on Aerosmith?! 

I still can't get over this. With the right setlist it could be a set for the ages. 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon the weight of the 50th anniversary probably banged harder than we thought it would. It’s very rare that so much is sorted before Christmas. I imagine the Eavis family are going to be booking a spa day this winter vacation.

Agreed. I think we were collectively trying to keep our expectations in check, with good reason tbf, but with everything that's happened this week it points to it being something special. 

5 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Michael Eavis got his first 2 choices. Macca and "her"

Here is a quote from Michael from 2014 (I know the headline is Oasis, but it's in there)....

Eavis said that he has an idea for where she may fit on the bill. “Taylor Swift would be great to follow the Dolly Parton slot – especially being a country singer,” he said.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/oasis-69-1229652

It never fails to amaze me how shit hot some efests folk are at pulling age-old Glasto articles (and perfectly on point Simpsons' gifs) out of the ether to prove a point.