2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, thrillhouse188 said:

No possibility it's RHCP, Macca and Kendrick?

Only thing that I think is weird about this is that Emily came out and said the festival was going to try it's best to get a 50/50 gender balance, now obviously this could still happen lower down the bill, but not having a female headliner would seem weird after this statement, as people will look at the headliners first and see all men? and they may get a little bad publicity after her comments?

18 minutes ago, priest17 said:

To really complete the circle, you need to come in for the last 10 minutes. The greatest 60 year cross generational mind change ever.

If you want to go the whole hog @LGH see if you can dig out as close as you can to what your grandad was wearing. That'd really fuck with Macca's head :lol:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Only thing that I think is weird about this is that Emily came out and said the festival was going to try it's best to get a 50/50 gender balance, now obviously this could still happen lower down the bill, but not having a female headliner would seem weird after this statement, as people will look at the headliners first and see all men? and they may get a little bad publicity after her comments?

I agree they'd want a female headliner, but the gender balance certainly doesn't end there? If there is info for both Kendrick and RHCP, and nothing concrete on Taylor then surely it has to be a possibility. What do you make of it @eFestivals ?

Kendrick: 70% - Absolutely adore To Pimp a  Butterfly, and if setlist was based around that it would have been 100%. Not so keen on other albums but will give them another chance. 

Macca: 30% -  seen him before and he is great coup for 50th but will most likely miss as other options almost certain to appeal more.

Taylor: 20% - Big star but know very little of her work. Unless the other stages are really poor cant see me being there. 

First time that I have not ruled out at least one headliner right from the get go. 

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Why are we taking a super fans word at gospel?

I’d say RHCP have a chance of being an other stage headliner if they are there. Probably begged to play.

no offence, but we're taking @The Martini Police 's word as gospel, which wasn't revealed until after @Brave Sir Robin posted about the BST info. it would be a hell of a lot more believable if it came before.

Kendrick may very well play BST, I still have doubts about Glastonbury.

Edited by ghostdancer1

3 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

RHCP info was specifically about the Friday, which is when the 'Rock Slot' is, so could be there? Tying in with the 'big act' comment?

no, they headline big festivals all over Europe/the world.

If they play, they're not doing 3rd down the Pyramid, or the Other stage.

if they play, they're headlining the Pyramid. I'm amazed anyone thinks any different.

6 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

I agree they'd want a female headliner, but the gender balance certainly doesn't end there? If there is info for both Kendrick and RHCP, and nothing concrete on Taylor then surely it has to be a possibility. What do you make of it @eFestivals ?

Of course, but the headliners are what create the headlines, so having all headliners as males wouldn't look good even if the balance lower down the lineup is more even, which I believe it will be, I remember reading an article about Reading Festival not been even because Ariana Grande didn't headline...

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no offence, but we're taking @The Martini Police 's word as gospel, which wasn't revealed until after @Brave Sir Robin posted about the BST info. it would be a hell of a lot more believable if it came before.

Kendrick may very well play BST, I still have doubts about Glastonbury.

Fair enough, none taken. All I can say is the information did come my way before that but no reason for you to believe me other than spending years on this site not making stuff up, I guess. I also said I can't be 100% sure as I've not seen the evidence myself, but the source is solid. 

6 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no, they headline big festivals all over Europe/the world.

If they play, they're not doing 3rd down the Pyramid, or the Other stage.

if they play, they're headlining the Pyramid. I'm amazed anyone thinks any different.

Yep -  we saw the same arguments last year about the The Cure subbing or headlining Other. Clearly nonsense. 

Kendrick - 75% Really want to be there, depends on the other stages but fully expect to be there

Macca- 99% Could never be 100% committed to anything at Glastonbury, I may be off my tits in the SE corner and forgetting the time but odds on I'll be there for a Beatle on the Pyramid.

Taylor- 99% Wanted to see her for years, what better place?

Completely diverse range of headliners and I love all 3. Very rare that happens. Only at the G. 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

@Quark - Glad you both liked them. Tickets for their tour went on sale today. Only £8 for Manchester. They wont be massive, but I can see them playing a few bigger venues than these in the future. 

Had a check and not coming down my way, but I'll keep an eye open

3 hours ago, PDAD said:

Okay yeah I'm not particularly a fan of Kendrick but that is tip fucking top. 

Fucking brilliant isn't it. Regardless of whether people enjoy his music, I think there's a certain respect that should be shown to his creativity and level of performance. 

Just my opinion, but RHCP would be an incredibly bland booking compared to Kendrick Lamar. Booking Kendrick would feel relevant, while booking RHCP way past their prime would just be not interesting. I also think Taylor Swift will be there.

Edited by TownesMR