2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, ModBoy said:

So how confident are people that we have our trio? What are the chances still for other acts that we have spoke about? Is there any chance at this point of an act coming out the blue that hasn't been spoken about?

It's not other until it's over, but I'd say it's 90% likely we're looking at Kenny and Taylor. All signs are certainly pointing that way. We'll probably have an even stronger sense in the next couple of weeks when BST starts rolling out announcements.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely a line up that firmly hammers a further nail into the coffin of indie music.

I think Indie/Alternative/Rock needs a good act that crosses over desperately. Last one they had was Arctic Monkeys really. There’s some alright stuff out there but nothing brilliant. Problem you find is people talking up just alright bands that leads to a backlash against them I think. 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You should honour your grandad by turning up for the first ten minutes then wandering off.

This would complete the circle actually. I would like to revise my percentages. Macca 50% for 10 minutes, 10% for the whole gig.

Kendrick - 80%  He's awesome. On an unrelated note. I missed Stormzy last year to watch Tame Impala. I had already seen them a stupid amount of times and to be honest he's become a bit boring. Know nothing about Stormzy but would have loved to seen it - it sounded special!

Macca - 100%  No matter what you think, a Beatle on the pyramid stage is going to be a massive MOMENT at the festival.

Taylor - 1% Not super into her vibe and also I have missed headliners when I liked them because of crazy clashes I'm sure there will be someone else I'd rather watch at the time, but I'll never say never.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

It would be madness to put Aerosmith up against Macca. HUGE swathes of crossover fans there, it Steve and the lads do play I'd be gutted if they were up against Macca as I'd miss them.

Kendrick - 0%

Macca - 100%

Taylor - 1%

I can’t see Aerosmith playing anywhere other than Pyramid headliners, which obviously doesn’t look likely now. Happy to be proved wrong though 

Kendrick 70%. Top booking. Seen him several times and the last was rather disappointing, so I could be tempted elsewhere.

Paul McCartney 100%. Can't think of any realistic clash that'd take me away. 

Taylor Swift 20%. Will be wanting a night away from the Pyramid and this'll probably be it. I'm sure it'd be fun if I did go tho.

49 minutes ago, Quark said:

Always hit and miss when recommending stuff, but for me:

The Beths, Teleman, Honeyblood, She Drew The Gun, Palace, Rolling Blackouts CF, Ten Fe, Bear's Den, Sacred Paws, Blaenavon, Muna, Have a Nice Life, Magic Gang, Mono Club, Slow Readers Club & Spector are all worth a listen

Nice one. Need some new music to get my teeth into. My Friday listening sorted, unless there's something worthwhile on BBC4!