2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Poor you lot with 0% on each.

Out of interest (no subtle digs) who would you have preferred to see?

No prejudice I just want to know who you would prefer instead.... and can they be within the realms of possibility here.

Led Zeppelin, Elvis and Beethoven.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

It would be madness to put Aerosmith up against Macca. HUGE swathes of crossover fans there, it Steve and the lads do play I'd be gutted if they were up against Macca as I'd miss them.

Kendrick - 0%

Macca - 100%

Taylor - 1%

Sorry, that's not clear - it was meant to be Aerosmith subbing Macca and Dua Lipa headlining the Other ?

No prejudice I just want to know who you would prefer instead.... and can they be within the realms of possibility here.

Hard question to answer that, if the question is 'if you could pick any 3 active acts to headline who would it be?' It would be McCartney, The Strokes and AM. But I get the latter two wouldn't happen, for different reasons.

Having 2 at 0% doesn't bother me at all though. I've got the one I wanted the most, gives me the opportunity to get to other stages/areas, that's the beauty of Glastonbury and why we love it so much

It's not about who you would prefer to see, at least not for me, I think they're all good bookings but there is 0% chance of me choosing to watch something I almost certainly wouldn't enjoy.

We all love Glastonbury because of the huge diversity and choice, there will 100% be something else on that I'd prefer to be at.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I put 0% but I've no problem with her being the headliner, I'm happy enough with 1, probably 2, nights at the big one. The question was how likely you are to watch the act and I'm being completely honest that there's no way that's where I'll be on Sunday night. 

Just now, mufcok said:

Hard question to answer that, if the question is 'if you could pick any 3 active acts to headline who would it be?' It would be McCartney, The Strokes and AM. But I get the latter two wouldn't happen, for different reasons.

Having 2 at 0% doesn't bother me at all though. I've got the one I wanted the most, gives me the opportunity to get to other stages/areas, that's the beauty of Glastonbury and why we love it so much

Hmm I wouldn’t go as far as to say the other two are dead on arrival choices. They are within the realms of possibility - it’s not impossible.

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

It's not about who you would prefer to see, at least not for me, I think they're all good bookings

I mean that’s the question I’m asking though. If the three headliners don’t float your boat, surely there are three others which would?

Glad for you all and can see why it would be considered a massive lineup, but personally a bit disappointed.  Kendrick and Macca really not doing it for me at all.  As long as Taylor gets confirmed I will be happy, but now feeling really nervous about it - I really want at least one big night at the Pyramid

Kendrick - 20%, I have tried repeatedly to get into him - just not my sort of thing.  If there is nothing else to grab me when he is on I might go to see what he is like live 

Paul McCartney - 0%,  boring and just not into the music

Taylor Swift - 110%, There is no possible act that would make me miss this one

Kendrick - 100% no act I'd be pulled away by.

McCartney - 10% My Granddad didn't walk out of a Beatles gig in the 60s for me to tarnish that story 60 years later and I'm just not that bothered but appreciate how huge the booking is.

Swifty - 25% I'd go along for a listen if there was nothing else on and loads of my crew were going, but in reality there's going to be something else I'd prefer to see.

14 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean that’s the question I’m asking though. If the three headliners don’t float your boat, surely there are three others which would?

Not necessarily. Something I've realised is that when people ask who I want to see at GF, an awful lot of mine are acts that would appear further down the pecking order or on different stages. When I see the lists of names that get touted as possible headliners there are very few that would be a definitive draw for me. Not just this year, but generally.

Throw in the fact that I like to use the fest to see different things and stuff I've never seen before, which means I'm less keen on returning acts that I've seen and loved like Stones, Springsteen, Coldplay (yes I know), Blur etc, and I'm really running short.

The only Pyramid headline size acts that come to mind for me are REM and Daft Punk, and for various reasons they aren't going to happen.

Bit of a ramble, but might make sense to someone out there :D

1 hour ago, Bisque said:

Genuine post... when did Kendrick get so big, like big enough to headline Glastonbury?

Has he headlined Wireless / Lovebox / that scummy fest in Manchester my mate said he saw a real life zombie at during Frank Ocean?

Like I know he is popular, but as a teacher none of the kids talk about him when discussing current music (lads are into grime & drill, lasses into BTS) and again none of my friends who are younger than me are into him either (prefer ketamine and bassline).

I might not listen to the radio much but my other half hasn’t got DAB or an aux input in her car and I never hear him on Radio 1.

Have I just missed out on 5 years of current music trends?

I'd like to hear more about the zombie please! :) 

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

2019 did resurrect it though. The Killers are now embarking on a massive tour, no doubt helped by this year's festival.

Haven't all Killers albums gotten to no1 in the UK though? I think there's a handful of indie bands that remain popular from the early 2000s indie explosion.