2020 headliners

jj200

I fucking love Glastonbury. I’m sorry no one holds a candle to this place.

this is the best festival on the planet. Nothing can compare. Even a strong Coachella year still pales to Glasto. They always get it.

I am totally fine spending three nights at the pyramid with those three. You know why? Because I can’t call which of the three will be the best... and that is very exciting.

• Like 1

I am not too fussed about Kendrick, I like him without being a big fan.... but it is a great booking if the info is correct.

Kendrick

Macca

Swift.

Very strong trio. I can't see anyone else getting 3 headliners as good as that. Balanced too. Something for most people there. I'd guess the vast majority will see at least 1 headliner this year.

Hoping for Bicep / Royal Blood / Doves or someone like Kool and the Gang to be on the Friday.

Exciting times.

I risk coming off as a mega snob here - but I am really surprised how many people want Taylor Swift! I must have missed something because I thought her demographic was super young.

I have never fussed about headliners (I reckon I average watching 1 every time I've gone to the festival) but even when a headliner hasn't been my style (I'm mainly into rock music) I could always seen the value of them in the festival. Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye, Adele, Stormzy... but Taylor is not... *snob comment alert* cool enough? 

I would see her more Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus level who were good sub headliners (I watched both!).

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! I'm genuinely curious don't kill me!

Edited by SeaBear

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Macca's show is guitar rock.

Not my style though. He is the only act I'd potentially see but I'd be looking for something better (for my taste) for sure. 

3 HUGE names. Great bookings, just don't suit me. 

Kendrick is terrible. Taylor is OK (State of Grace is brilliant but doubtful to be played) and McCartney would be reasonably enjoyable but will certainly look for something more exciting for me. 

Only looking for one Pyramid night and it looks like I wont get that. 

Glad for all those these 3 appeal to, however.

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

Just now, SeaBear said:

I risk coming off as a mega snob here - but I am really surprised how many people want Taylor Swift! I must have missed something because I thought her demographic was super young.

I have never fussed about headliners (I reckon I average watching 1 every time I've gone to the festival) but even when a headliner hasn't been my style (I'm mainly into rock music) I could always seen the value of them in the festival. Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye, Adele, Stormzy... but Taylor is not... *snob comment alert* cool enough? 

I would see her more Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus level who were good sub headliners (I watched both!).

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! 

Doesn't make you a snob, goes over my head a bit if I'm honest but she's obviously massive and plays to sold out stadiums so fits the bill I guess

Just now, SeaBear said:

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! 

The fact that she's good enough and big enough to headline and by the sounds of it you're dismissing her based on nothing more than your own prejudice.

8 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Having just attributed scores to the Pyramid headliners of my past three Glasto visits on the basis of emotional investment/interest in seeing live, the results are as follows: 

2013: 21/30

2016: 16/30

2017: 16/30

At current standing, 2020 is a solid 27/30.

I like this thinking! Might try and score mine

19 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Other Stage better have a few good guitar bands.... 

Three shockers for me, personally. 

Hoping for Bicep (WH), Foals (Other) and Thom Yorke (park). 

I think you're gonna get all 3. Add in a Four Tet set somewhere, King Gizzard set, 1975, Nick Cave. This line up could be insane. So many clashes. I've never done 3 nights at the Pyramid, only ever done 2 on the first year I went. 

7 minutes ago, SeaBear said:

But again, maybe I have missed something - What have I missed?!?! I'm genuinely curious don't kill me!

I am a new convert to Taylor swift. I will be honest, I felt the same to you. She still does some tunes that I cannot stand, however she does some reet good uns too.

Listen to RED. It's a good album. Then listen to Lover (the album). I'd say it's stronger overall, it just never hits the very high points in RED.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I feel with Taylor Swift you kinda get swept in after giving her a bit of time. I like her because there’s a strong story behind her and if you’re a fan you feel like you’re following the progression of an artist.

The best advice I can give is to just listen to her albums. It really is true that she puts her worst foot forward. Her charting singles really are some of her worst work.

• Like 1

If you don't get Taylor, just listen to Lover from start to finish. It's a masterpiece. Ignore the lead singles from it - ME! and You Need to Calm Down were definitely not written with Efest chin strokers in mind, but you should find something on the rest of the album to enjoy.

6 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Same. What are people's recommendations of where to jump in?

My first step into the world of Kendrick was his DAMN album. My brother introduced me to the song HUMBLE. Loved it! Great album too. I'm now going through the back catalogue. Also, the song he did with Anderson Paak. 'Tints' is great.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Same. What are people's recommendations of where to jump in?

Good Kid M.a.a.d city and DAMN are the best places to start really.  DNA, Maad city and Backseat freestyle in particular but if you know something from pimp a butterfly then you are already somewhere. 

Oh and swimming pools. (Maad city) 

13 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The fact that she's good enough and big enough to headline and by the sounds of it you're dismissing her based on nothing more than your own prejudice.

No! Not dismissing I just thought shed have a posting more similar to the one miley and katy perry had in the last few years. Katy perry can do the super bowl half time show but didn't make her a glasto headliner. Also I was under the impression that she had a lot of bad press in the last few years.

Edited by SeaBear