2020 headliners

jj200

30 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I don't want to send you all into a frenzy, and I didn't want to say it out of nowhere without proof or being able to reveal the source (still can't), but I have it on pretty good authority that Kendrick Lamar is headlining Glastonbury. I was confident in the source before, even more so if he's playing BST (pretty sure @Brave Sir Robin's info has always been accurate?). Can't be 100% as it's indirect, but I thought you'd like to know it's very very likely and to stop you all wasting your money on the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Cracking job on the rumour front dude!

Any word on Taylor from your source, or was it just Kendrick?

1 minute ago, Bryanrebe said:

Is there much crossover between BST and Glastonbury attendees? Would be kind of a let down going to both and having the same headliners wouldn't it?

There will be some. But BST is day tickets only so it doesn't matter too much. You can just not go to those days (or see them twice in 1 or 2 weeks if you really love them). 

1 minute ago, lazzareo said:

How do you know?  Asking for my mate who is a huge Depeche Mode fan and he's alreadfy getting his hopes up so want to let him down easy now.

I know from a source as close as possible too them.  @eFestivals knows who it is and I gave him the IOW info a couple of years ago too.

If anything changes I’ll let you know but when I asked..... I was told no chance

I'm in disbelief. How are the three likely headliners the top three on my wishlist? WTF is going on. I feel like i've stepped in to some alternate reality where I book the festival.

Three nights at the pointy fucker, but who honestly cares? Best stage in music and the top three on my wishlist. Unbelievable.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm in disbelief. How are the three likely headliners the top three on my wishlist? WTF is going on. I feel like i've stepped in to some alternate reality where I book the festival.

Three nights at the pointy fucker, but who honestly cares? Best stage in music and the top three on my wishlist. Unbelievable.

Beware. There was a point when the three headliners in 2017 were gonna be Radiohead, Daft Punk and The Stone Roses. Can't begin to describe my disappointment when the the latter 2 fell through

That been said, I reckon you might get your wish for 2020 :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

That’s exactly how I feel.

Throw Lana et al into the mix and it’s just bizarre. Never had a lineup before which is going to suit me so well lol.

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Beware. There was a point when the three headliners in 2017 were gonna be Radiohead, Daft Punk and The Stone Roses. Can't begin to describe my disappointment when the the latter 2 fell through

That been said, I reckon you might get your wish for 2020 :ph34r:

I get your point but that was still in the speculation phase. We never had those three as actually likely.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I get your point but that was still in the speculation phase. We never had those three as actually likely.

Sure at the time Neil said he'd heard that was the case and they went to SR, could be wrong though. I do have a tendency to get drawn in when a rumour surfaces for someone I'm really into though. Hook line and sinker, every time 

7 minutes ago, jparx said:

I really love having a night away from the Pyramid usually as there are amazing headliners on other stages but the pointy one is the best stage to watch any headline act when they get it right and I think that 3 nights in a row is on the cards this year! 

Macca, Kendrick and Taylor is the stuff dreams are made of for me. 

3 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

I really love having a night away from the Pyramid usually as there are amazing headliners on other stages but the pointy one is the best stage to watch any headline act when they get it right and I think that 3 nights in a row is on the cards this year! 

Macca, Kendrick and Taylor is the stuff dreams are made of for me. 

Right there with you.

I'd take those potential headliners over any previous year of the festival. Closest competitor would  be '09, but this is out in front by some distance for me.