2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

I don't want to send you all into a frenzy, and I didn't want to say it out of nowhere without proof or being able to reveal the source (still can't), but I have it on pretty good authority that Kendrick Lamar is headlining Glastonbury. I was confident in the source before, even more so if he's playing BST (pretty sure @Brave Sir Robin's info has always been accurate?). Can't be 100% as it's indirect, but I thought you'd like to know it's very very likely and to stop you all wasting your money on the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

So the mystery cause of the bookie odds is revealed.

Thank you for sharing this. It has made me very happy.

3 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I don't want to send you all into a frenzy, and I didn't want to say it out of nowhere without proof or being able to reveal the source (still can't), but I have it on pretty good authority that Kendrick Lamar is headlining Glastonbury. I was confident in the source before, even more so if he's playing BST (pretty sure @Brave Sir Robin's info has always been accurate?). Can't be 100% as it's indirect, but I thought you'd like to know it's very very likely and to stop you all wasting your money on the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Thanks, the BST news alone made me pretty sure too. There’s also the fact he’s been backed down to 2/5 with the bookies.

Said Kendrick, Macca, Swifty a while back & it’s looking more & more likely.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

THE MARTINI POLICE DU DU. THIS HAS MADE MY WEEK, KENNY HEADLINING GLASTONBURY WILL BE SO GOOD. 

Realistically Kendrick, Macca, Swift is a very strong trio.

2 minutes ago, Slugy said:

William Hill has suspended betting apparently or were they never taking bets on Glasto 2020?

They were, probably editing odds or something. Expect Glasto will wait till BST sells out and Swift sells it out hence the wait till next year as Macca wasnt confirmed, when he was he could be announced.

14 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I’m choosing to believe this. I want to believe this.

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Since there's now a couple of things to suggest Kendrick is playing, does this mean we think Aerosmith are likely? The earlier Kendrick info said they were playing too.

Yah looks like they’ve just become the front runner for the rock slot for sure.

As for the Kendrick news, yesssss! Bittersweet as I sit here ticketless, but goddamn is that a trio of headliners.

19 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

*puts third sock back in drawer*

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Worded badly.  Personally didn’t think BST would allow it.  But I suppose Taylor will sell out immediately and Kendrick in London will go down well too

Tbh if Glastonbury has Taylor and Kenny I reckon both have been booked for a while, and BST aren't going to turn one of them down because they're both doing Glastonbury. They're both probably just doing the two UK shows next year, and with Glastonbury already sold out it's a pretty sure bet that BST will shift those tickets with ease.

I mean, we've obviously been very good little efesters this year for Emily, Nick and Michael Claus to give us such gifts.

Could explain why Emily said the headliners would be revealed in the new year - both of the ones booked at the time are embargoed by BST. Presumably Kenny and Taylor get announced for that before Christmas, probably sell out pretty quickly, and Glastonbury announce them in January/Feb.