2020 headliners

jj200

9 hours ago, gfa said:

They co-headlined in 2011 was it and have done nothing to grow from them, the only thing they have done is toured infrequently to create demand through scarcity. After playing a show this year (APE) the demand isn't even close enough to warrant a solo-headline I think. The Other Stage headline would suit the well but its just a question of if they would take it - my guess is probably not.

Nope, no chance. Actually thought Jack White might have persuaded them but they've been round long enough. In 2011 Pulp made them look so average as well.

10 minutes ago, henry bear said:

In which case you seem to have inadvertently missed my 'Guardian Illustration Prize Winner' thread - I suggest you go there pronto. Actually don't, it's shite.

I shall go and save it with more of my ignorance immediately.

lol @DareToDibbleyep 

Edited by caballosblancos

5 hours ago, gfa said:

I've done some thinking and if its going to be the strokes ever then this is the year:

If the album comes out it makes more sense for them to do the other headline because they haven't done the festival before and will have an album to promote, whereas they have done R&L and also because of the Voidz - they would never play Reading and Julian tends to be picking festivals where both can play. Not sure if the Voidz are touring however because if the Strokes release an album the focus may be on them and no Voidz dates are announced yet despite the Strokes doing some weekenders (shaky knees for example). Also Albert Hammond Jr's father played this year so maybe that might entice them as a little extra?

If the Voidz aren't touring/album delayed however definitely Reading is where they will be based on their tour dates (early US dates announced, no europe yet) and they did early Europe, late US this summer too.

The Stokes are the most overrated band I’ve ever seen. Makes me cringe even considering them headlining.

The truest form of style over substance. Some good songs but a really poor live band. Other stage maybe 

X

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Baz178 said:

Well I’ve got some information I asked a close source to rhcp who goes to every single gig they do and has connections with the band, if they was any information of them headlining pyramid stage! And he asked me we’re I got the information from that I thought they were headlining he seemed like shocked that I had the information like he was hiding something. So he wrote back and said well I really can’t talk about it to be honest. 

so I would say it’s a really strong possibility that they are headlining Friday night to be honest.  

Funny, I had the same reaction from the woman who lives above me when I asked if the bloke who live below me was headlining.

9 minutes ago, Purple aki squat said:

The Stokes are the most overrated band I’ve ever seen. Makes me cringe even considering them headlining.

The truest form of style over substance. Some good songs but a really poor live band. Other stage maybe 

X

"other headline"

also they killed it at APE this year

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Just got back from watching the new Depeche Mode film. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gahan and the lads would smash that Pyramid field for six 

2021 or 2022 will be the only years they could book them when it comes to their music release/touring schedule.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suprefan said:

2021 or 2022 will be the only years they could book them when it comes to their music release/touring schedule.

Yeah, that seems to be the popular opinion. Selfishly, I hope they're not booked for next year as I'm not going. I was just reaffirming the point that they'd be fantastic, given the headline slot

13 minutes ago, C14S said:

Bunch of Foos dates in Europe for early-mid june, too soon after 2017 to be a contender though surely

Other two have never played and as you said FF played 2017.

Realistically favourite is Taylor Swift then Kendrick, RHCP, Strokes, Pearl Jam