2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Nick Aldous said:

I’m sure The Strokes would accept Other stage headline, they accepted subbing Swedish house mafia on the Radio 1 stage at TITP haha!

That TITP is like an exception to every rule in the book it had like 7 headliners playing. Still baffles me to this day but generally they only headline.

4 minutes ago, gfa said:

That TITP is like an exception to every rule in the book it had like 7 headliners playing. Still baffles me to this day but generally they only headline.

That TITP line up was strong like! Feels like they set the bar so high that they couldn't top it in future years. 

On 11/20/2019 at 2:43 PM, CJTM said:

Fk Liam and Noel being problematic on site at the same festival, Vedder and Macca have real bad blood ?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/paul-mccartney-punched-eddie-vedder-face-2087580

2017 they were both on site. LG was playing, NG was introducing something. Other former Oasis members were also playing that year too. Was hoping for a Oasis reunion but never happened obviously. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Click/tap the circle or star to the left of the thread title to go to first unread post

You gotta be kidding me?! 

I've been a member since fucking 2008 and didn't know this. I've been clicking the last page and looking for where I left off like a mug! 

Unbelievable! 

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

I've been a member since fucking 2008 and didn't know this. I've been clicking the last page and looking for where I left off like a mug! 

Unbelievable! 

ok im going to own up to this also :) .... now whilst we are talking mugs ... theres some lovely ones for sale in the efest shop :) 

I've done some thinking and if its going to be the strokes ever then this is the year:

If the album comes out it makes more sense for them to do the other headline because they haven't done the festival before and will have an album to promote, whereas they have done R&L and also because of the Voidz - they would never play Reading and Julian tends to be picking festivals where both can play. Not sure if the Voidz are touring however because if the Strokes release an album the focus may be on them and no Voidz dates are announced yet despite the Strokes doing some weekenders (shaky knees for example). Also Albert Hammond Jr's father played this year so maybe that might entice them as a little extra?

If the Voidz aren't touring/album delayed however definitely Reading is where they will be based on their tour dates (early US dates announced, no europe yet) and they did early Europe, late US this summer too.

20 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

ok im going to own up to this also :) .... now whilst we are talking mugs ... theres some lovely ones for sale in the efest shop :) 

30 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Unbelievable! 

I feel for you both, if I read some of this nonsense twice by accident I think I'd be dead.

• Upvote 1

Well I’ve got some information I asked a close source to rhcp who goes to every single gig they do and has connections with the band, if they was any information of them headlining pyramid stage! And he asked me we’re I got the information from that I thought they were headlining he seemed like shocked that I had the information like he was hiding something. So he wrote back and said well I really can’t talk about it to be honest. 

so I would say it’s a really strong possibility that they are headlining Friday night to be honest.  

2 minutes ago, Baz178 said:

Well I’ve got some information I asked a close source to rhcp who goes to every single gig they do and has connections with the band, if they was any information of them headlining pyramid stage! And he asked me we’re I got the information from that I thought they were headlining he seemed like shocked that I had the information like he was hiding something. So he wrote back and said well I really can’t talk about it to be honest. 

so I would say it’s a really strong possibility that they are headlining Friday night to be honest.  

can you just post a couple more times so we can count you as a credible source  :) 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

can you just post a couple more times so we can count you as a credible source  :) 

Yes I know I’m not going to be a credible source with been new ! But I know I asked somebody who I know his very close to the band ! And that’s what he has said. I think if they wasn’t there he would of told me no there not. 

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

No way!  I had no idea. 

You are personally responsible for saving me SO much time from now on.

Hats off to you and thanks.

you can now spend more time shopping ... and talking to crazy fool 1 :) ... you did make me jump ... im only used to hearing crazy fool being used  as I make my about the festival :) good to see you again 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Baz178 said:

Yes I know I’m not going to be a credible source with been new ! But I know I asked somebody who I know his very close to the band ! And that’s what he has said. I think if they wasn’t there he would of told me no there not. 

its fine ... im jesting :) good info is a good place to start :)