2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, The Martini Police said:

Oh really? What have they said? Assume you mean more than the mic cutting out for Is This It? I was gutted about that gig, desperate to see them this year as a result. I can see them doing Reading & Leeds but a minor miracle like a Strokes Other Stage Friday or Sunday slot would be absolutely delightful. 

No, where I was you couldn't hear them for the whole gig. It really was that quiet, people were walking out and booing 

I saw an interview with Albert not long after and he talked about it, seemed a bit pissed off.. as you would be

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

No, where I was you couldn't hear them for the whole gig. It really was that quiet, people were walking out and booing 

I saw an interview with Albert not long after and he talked about it, seemed a bit pissed off.. as you would be

Sorry, I realised my wording was unclear and edited it but looks like you replied in between. I meant to ask if they had spoken about the whole thing, rather than just the Is This It issue (which was of course the very worst of it, but it was terrible throughout). I was the same as you, was such a shame. I'll dig out the interview, cheers.

19 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I'm convinced The Strokes will do a major festival here this time, think they were rumoured for Reading & Leeds? Not sure if they still are or not. They're headlining festivals in the first half of the year so that's bound to continue through the summer.

They're well aware of the sound issues at APE last year so I guess they'll want to put that right as well, a new album is also supposed to be imminent 

Could they be a band that's on the Other? They would fit a lot of people's 'big enough to headline' criteria

14 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Still can’t see them not having Madonna, she’s been on Emily’s wish list for ages and is now touring and Glastonbury now has suitable exposure and gravitas for her to accept the lower fee.

She would have to simplify her tour production for starters. And I would say a major deal breaker would be that she is going to be performing most of her new album, Its not gonna be a greatest hits set. Do you want to hear most of the new album and barely a handful of hits? 

10 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She would have to simplify her tour production for starters. And I would say a major deal breaker would be that she is going to be performing most of her new album, Its not gonna be a greatest hits set. Do you want to hear most of the new album and barely a handful of hits? 

I think it would be greatest hits for Glastonbury, but yeah maybe the stage production would be an issue but she did a scaled back stage in Hyde park before so might not.

3 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Very jealous of this being your first Glasto. Wish I could go back to my first Glasto again. At the 50th no less! You will have a blast. 

My girlfriend had never been to a festival before. Glasto 2019 was her first and she had 5 days of sunshine and got the ticket for free. She’s never getting that lucky again :lol: 

2 hours ago, morph100 said:

Still can’t see them not having Madonna, she’s been on Emily’s wish list for ages and is now touring and Glastonbury now has suitable exposure and gravitas for her to accept the lower fee.

Yes but Eurovision was biblically bad, she would have to do a greatest hits set and be able to string a song or 2 together. Not sure she would want more bad publicity on the BBC after Eurovision. 

• Upvote 1

Can't understand how Kendrick is being so heavily rumoured, i would personally love him to be there but there's nothing saying he will be except a photo on Emily's instagram, he has announced no tour and no album. Surely RCHP are far more likely due to them being around at the time and never having played before.

4 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

This fan made one doing the rounds on Facebook 

A8023CFF-A758-4274-BD69-CD5B3AF76D4C.jpeg

Yeh, my friend's boss sent this to him last night - she's convinced it's real (which he's actively encouraging, I might add). It's definitely one of the most optimistic fakes I've seen in a while!

Edited by Sasperella
  • Like 1