2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

...orrrr when someone perfectly predicts the line up before we even get to Simpson's memes?

nope.

One year 10 or more years ago an excel spreadsheet appeared from somewhere (I forget where), that was the line-up*. Glasto were in touch about it, but hoping I'd tell them where it had come from, and I wasn't asked to take anything of it down.

* it was an early-ish version of the line-up, which had wanted acts within it rather than only booked acts - but that part of things was obvious, I think (probably because of other dates which ruled out a few acts).

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

nope.

One year 10 or more years ago an excel spreadsheet appeared from somewhere (I forget where), that was the line-up*. Glasto were in touch about it, but hoping I'd tell them where it had come from, and I wasn't asked to take anything of it down.

* it was an early-ish version of the line-up, which had wanted acts within it rather than only booked acts - but that part of things was obvious, I think (probably because of other dates which ruled out a few acts).

Interesting! I suppose taking it down would have only confirmed that it was legit? Did you know exactly where it had come from?

13 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Interesting! I suppose taking it down would have only confirmed that it was legit? Did you know exactly where it had come from?

I can't remember the full details now, but I somehow knew it was legit (I'd maybe had it confirmed by another source who'd seen the same or similar spreadsheet) and the guy from the festival didn't try telling me it was fake.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it was about the rock slot (and said to scottie).

OK, so would you think that this act in question, possibly Judas Priest(/Aerosmith) etc, would have to play under a big rock name they would want to support as such, someone like Pearl Jam? or make not a lot of difference?

Have you heard anything further...

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

OK, so would you think that this act in question, possibly Judas Priest(/Aerosmith) etc, would have to play under a big rock name they would want to support as such, someone like Pearl Jam? or make not a lot of difference?

I don't really know, but my guess is that it would be 'sold' to a big band just on the basis of being 'the rock slot', without too much reference of what acts were playing around them. 

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Have you heard anything further...

Nope - but both of Aerosmith and Priest seem possible, because of the 50 years thing. Of those two Priest seem more likely because we know they've at least one more UK date.

Just now, eFestivals said:

I don't really know, but my guess is that it would be 'sold' to a big band just on the basis of being 'the rock slot', without too much reference of what acts were playing around them. 

I would tend to agree they would usually go down that route, but seeing as this supposed act was booked 2/3 years ago I would say there would at least be a mention.

By they, I would mean the rock slot band, and their team/agents etc

First time going Glastonbury next year, so I am not fully clued up on how the announcements work. I know it may be a bit soon to be thinking about the next announcement as we only just got our first headliner, but when do we usually hear the next announcement? Is it usually another headliner or do we get told some lower down acts before the next headliner is revealed?

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

First time going Glastonbury next year, so I am not fully clued up on how the announcements work. I know it may be a bit soon to be thinking about the next announcement as we only just got our first headliner, but when do we usually hear the next announcement? Is it usually another headliner or do we get told some lower down acts before the next headliner is revealed?

It's random. We'll probably find out the other headliners between now and April. Full line up is usually shortly before the resale, I think. Might be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

this thingy is great for that sort of question 

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I would tend to agree they would usually go down that route, but seeing as this supposed act was booked 2/3 years ago I would say there would at least be a mention.

Are you saying "booked 2/3 years ago" from what I said Emily said?

Cos if so, I wouldn't take those as signed and sealed since then, and I reckon it's quite possible that one or more the headline acts she was meaning then are different acts to who is signed and sealed today.